Dball

Whats a fair price on 520hc

Dball

Whats a fair price for a 520hc it has the swept axle with 1100 hrs on it the guy wants 925 been talking to him a bit and came down 875 the kicker is that the deck isn't included no attachments ect he tryed to send me pics but didn't come through.

Jerry77

Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware ( I wouldn't buy something like that without checking it out in person ( unless it was a trusted RS member) . Thats not many hours on an 88 or 89 whichever it is--whatever it is worth to you, but you will spend more to get a deck etc and maybe repairs.....:twocents-02cents:  members here advertise various machines in the classifieds and will give you an honest price and details about the machine..just sayin'.....

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 minute ago, Jerry77 said:

Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware ( I wouldn't buy something like that without checking it out in person ( unless it was a trusted RS member) . Thats not many hours on an 88 or 89 whichever it is--whatever it is worth to you, but you will spend more to get a deck etc and maybe repairs.....:twocents-02cents:  members here advertise various machines in the classifieds and will give you an honest price and details about the machine..just sayin'.....

Jerry, words well spoken.

Dball, take this advice. I just got a small burn on a tractor I DIDNT SEE, go read my thread.

Glenn

• Like 2

Dball

I would look at it b4 I would buy it I have a 520h I just want anouther 1 lol 

Kurt-NEPA

I'm thinking it would be about $100-300 for a deck here in PA.  If you add the median $200 to $875 you get $1075.  That seems to be the price that I see 520HC's listed for in my NE - PA area, but few are selling.  I guess it comes to condition and need.  Its up to you, but it looks a little high to me.  But then again I've paid a few extra $$ for a tractor I wanted.  No regrets.  Decisions Decisions........

• Like 1

jellyghost

If he came down $50 on the phone, he will come down more in person.  Just make faces while crawling around looking at the tractor.

Dball

Lol well the thing that got me jacked about him is it was first listed at 500 I emailed then he called me told him I would almost deff take it was told it ran a Lil ruff ect but he had to go to church so told him I would call him at 1.00. then I get a text the tractor was sold and all of a sudden his buddy had 1 for sale a day or 2 later he had text me that an he thought it was an 520 h but 1 day later it turned out to be an hc got pics of it and low and behold it is the same flipping tractor just shined up ect but now but wanting 925 then came to 825 and will throw in a 48in mower deck now the shady Ness is what got me and thinking I'm dumb what else is he lying about or hiding I mean what r u guys thoughts along with the price now with the 48 in deck on top of his lieing and kinda screwing me 

AMC RULES

After all that...you just gotta ask yourself...

how bad do you want it?    :dunno:

Is it close enough to invest the time to meet up, and see it in person? 

• Like 1

Dball

It's an hour away what shuns me is lieing people don't like lieing people world is full of them any more! years a go 90%of people if not more peoples word was gold cause people actually cared I about their word plus they wasn't trying to make a killing on others like today. 

• Like 2

Forest Road

Sounds familiar. I had a guy w a 520h 250ish hours snow blower and 42" RD in PA just last week. Texted back forth several times. Was hard to nail down for appointment. Then all of a sudden his son sold it. Move on and keep looking. 

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
43 minutes ago, Forest Road said:

Sounds familiar. I had a guy w a 520h 250ish hours snow blower and 42" RD in PA just last week. Texted back forth several times. Was hard to nail down for appointment. Then all of a sudden his son sold it. Move on and keep looking. 

Boy Kev, does that sound familiar.  Lol

Glenn

DougC

Watch out for an 86 year old WheelHorse collector in Wisconsin who likes to travel with his wife and is willing to deliver a package deal.... '88 520H , rear tiller attached and working, 48 inch mower deck,mule drive with belt, single stage snow thrower  all in excellent condition crap..............................   :handgestures-thumbdown:  What a f#cking   LIAR

Tuneup

If you are like me, you buy the whole package - tractor and experience. It's more than a tractor - you'll remember the sale process every time you look at that tractor. If that memory is of being deceived and it's a bother, pass it by. Another will come along.

squonk
22 hours ago, Dball said:

Lol well the thing that got me jacked about him is it was first listed at 500 I emailed then he called me told him I would almost deff take it was told it ran a Lil ruff ect but he had to go to church so told him I would call him at 1.00. then I get a text the tractor was sold and all of a sudden his buddy had 1 for sale a day or 2 later he had text me that an he thought it was an 520 h but 1 day later it turned out to be an hc got pics of it and low and behold it is the same flipping tractor just shined up ect but now but wanting 925 then came to 825 and will throw in a 48in mower deck now the shady Ness is what got me and thinking I'm dumb what else is he lying about or hiding I mean what r u guys thoughts along with the price now with the 48 in deck on top of his lieing and kinda screwing me 

Sounds like a crook. I don't care how much I wanted a tractor. RUN!!!

• Like 3

Lagersolut

I learned from past bad experiences ( the hard way ) not to let my wants override my gut feeling and common sense. Not to sound mean,  but I don't have patients or time  for lies and games  .....the minute it starts , I walk and don't lose a minutes sleep over it.

Selling stuff same thing, had one guy here at the house looking at an enclosed trailer I was selling  actually had me half scared at the fit he threw,  to the point if I ever sell something again a holstered Ruger will be on the belt.

Sad but true.

• Like 1

ACman

@squonk your right...RUN ! Another will show up , they always do . 

• Like 1

cdr_warsstar
On 10/21/2016 at 9:13 AM, Dball said:

Hell no. Walk away.

• Like 1