T-Mo

Treloar, Mo Plow Day, Oct. 30, 2016

T-Mo

Near Marthasville, Mo.  10 am to......

Follow the signs.

plow day.PNG

ronwh

Thanks T-Mo for the information, I will try to make it.

Ron

T-Mo

Ron, I hope you can make it.  I'm planning on being there.  Let's hope the weather corporates.

cschannuth

Hi guys.  I live just down the road in Hermann, MO and I recently picked up a plow for my 161.  I set it up as best I know how and tried it but I'm a total newbie.  Is this the type of event I could show up and get some assistance from the more experienced plow guys to help me set mine up?  I don't want to hold up the other guys but I'd really like to be able to use my plow.  When I tried to use mine it didn't seem to plow very deep or cover my inside wheel no mater how I adjusted it.  If I would be wasting folks time, please let me know.  I don't want to be an aggravation.

Also,  I will be tied up at church until late morning and probably couldn't get to the site until about noon.  Let me know if that would be a problem too.

Thanks,

Craig

Edited by cschannuth

RandyLittrell

Seems like all the cool stuff is going on while I am laid up recovering from my knee replacement!! Maybe next year! 

Randy

T-Mo
10 hours ago, cschannuth said:

Hi guys.  I live just down the road in Hermann, MO and I recently picked up a plow for my 161.  I set it up as best I know how and tried it but I'm a total newbie.  Is this the type of event I could show up and get some assistance from the more experienced plow guys to help me set mine up?  I don't want to hold up the other guys but I'd really like to be able to use my plow.  When I tried to use mine it didn't seem to plow very deep or cover my inside wheel no mater how I adjusted it.  If I would be wasting folks time, please let me know.  I don't want to be an aggravation.

Also,  I will be tied up at church until late morning and probably couldn't get to the site until about noon.  Let me know if that would be a problem too.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig,

There will be experience guys there who should be willing to help you get started properly and to set up your plow correctly.  Be sure you have either ags or chains for the rear tires, and weights.  Wheel Horses seem to be light in the front end, so a little weight up there would also help.  Here are a couple of things to help you get started before you show up.  At least a starting point.  Which plow do you have, 10 inch, 12 inch, Brinly, etc?

Plow_Operation.pdf

brinly plow.pdf

plow_setup.pdf

plowingtheory.pdf

8 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Seems like all the cool stuff is going on while I am laid up recovering from my knee replacement!! Maybe next year! 

Randy

Randy, too bad.  There will be some Cub Cadets there, John Deeres of course, probably a Sears or two, and last year there were a couple of Cases.  And a lone Wheel Horse.

T-Mo

BTW, here was my plow tractor last year and again this year.  This year, I will have an electric actuator and I'll see how that will work out.  Last year I had to use the manual lift arm that you see on the right rear fender.  Not too bad until you had to pull it out of the ground at the end of the furrow.

Plow Day 2.jpg

Plow Day 1.jpg

2007-01-01 00.00.00.jpg

BTW, I would take my 416-8, but I still need some hitch pieces.  I have the clevis hitch, but I took it off an Electro 12 and that set up isn't the same that a 416 will take.  I may be ordering some stuff from a RS vendor soon.

• Like 3

T-Mo

I have a 8 inch Simplicity plow that I might be able to use on one of these little Wheel Horses. I might bring one and see what it would do with that little 8 inch plow.

2016-10-15 09.54.33.jpg

cschannuth

As it turns out I won't be able to make it this year.  Our girls volleyball team won last night and will be going to state next weekend.  When we get back on Sunday I will be pulling their float in a parade.  I will make it to one of these.  Thanks, Craig

• Like 1

T-Mo

Craig,

Congrats to your daughter's team victory.  I hope they do well.  But, at the same time, sorry you won't be able to plow with us.  But, family comes first.

18 hours ago, cschannuth said:

As it turns out I won't be able to make it this year.  Our girls volleyball team won last night and will be going to state next weekend.  When we get back on Sunday I will be pulling their float in a parade.  I will make it to one of these.  Thanks, Craig

• Like 2

ELECTRORIC

Planning on being there with my lone Wheel Horse two friends are coming one has a Cub Cadet the other is a John Deere .

• Like 1

T-Mo
4 minutes ago, ELECTRORIC said:

Planning on being there with my lone Wheel Horse two friends are coming one has a Cub Cadet the other is a John Deere .

What model of Wheel Horse are you bringing?

ELECTRORIC

1968 RAIDER 12  W/14 HP KOHLER CHANGED THE REAR END TO 8-PINION AND ADDED ELECTRIC LIFT FOR THE PLOW.

• Like 2

T-Mo

Past Treloar Plow Day videos:

Garden_Tractor_Plow_Day__11_4_12.mp4

T-Mo

Teaser pictures for the day.  I don't know if he is a member here or not, but.....

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2815.JPG

• Like 1

ELECTRORIC

That is me on my Electro 12 back in 2012, I sold that tractor I was having trouble w/trans fluid over heating when doing a all day plow, I built a1968 Raider 12 w/14 HP KOHLER and a 8-pinion 8-speed w/electric lift for plow have had no problems with that set up.

• Like 2

T-Mo
10 hours ago, ELECTRORIC said:

That is me on my Electro 12 back in 2012, I sold that tractor I was having trouble w/trans fluid over heating when doing a all day plow, I built a1968 Raider 12 w/14 HP KOHLER and a 8-pinion 8-speed w/electric lift for plow have had no problems with that set up.

I'll be in Troy tomorrow picking up a set of Carlisle 4.80-8 ag tires for my 702.  I believe you were at last year's plow day.  I had a chance to chat with you for a couple of minutes, if you were.  There was one Wheel Horse there and I'm sure that was you.  Sorry, I'm very bad at remembering names and faces.:(

ELECTRORIC

You are correct that was me last year and I will be using the same Wheel Horse this Sunday. I will be working on Sat, if I wasn't you could have come over to see my collection I have 10 Wheel Horses and five other brands of old garden tractors.

• Like 1

T-Mo
3 hours ago, ELECTRORIC said:

You are correct that was me last year and I will be using the same Wheel Horse this Sunday. I will be working on Sat, if I wasn't you could have come over to see my collection I have 10 Wheel Horses and five other brands of old garden tractors.

Maybe you can bring some to a show next year.  We had a pretty good one a couple of weeks ago in Cedar Hill.  I had those pictured above and someone brought a 704, and there were a few other garden tractors, mostly John Deere.  There was one Gibson lever steer, but it didn't come off the trailer as it had some flat tires on it, and one was off the rim.

Today's plow day pictures.  From 2011 or 2012 plow day near Marthasville, Missouri.

IMG_2831.JPG

• Like 2

T-Mo

Picture of the day.

From 2011 or 2012 plow day.

IMG_2825.JPG

T-Mo

Pictures from today.

2016-10-30 07.24.47.jpg

2016-10-30 10.56.05.jpg

2016-10-30 10.56.20.jpg

2016-10-30 10.56.33.jpg

2016-10-30 10.58.14.jpg

2016-10-30 11.03.55.jpg

2016-10-30 11.24.25.jpg

2016-10-30 11.24.16.jpg

2016-10-30 11.24.45.jpg

2016-10-30 11.25.30.jpg

2016-10-30 11.25.38.jpg

• Like 3

T-Mo
On 10/28/2016 at 6:31 AM, ELECTRORIC said:

It was good we had one Wheel Horse at the event.  And @ronwh says he will bring one next year, if we have one.  I hope to have a Wheel Horse ready to plow soon also.

It was an interesting trip to and from this plow day event.  First, as I was heading up a hill on my way there, a deer ran across the road in front of me.  As I was braking, I begin thinking and looking for any more behind him.  Luckily, there was none as the speed that one was traveling, another one would have plowed into the side of my truck or trailer.  About 3 miles down the road, a truck pulling a cattle trailer full of cows decided he didn't need to wait at the stop sign to pull onto the highway in front of me. I had to come to a complete stop to avoid hitting him.  On the way home, I see a truck and trailer on the shoulder of the opposite of the road.  Suddenly a tire came rolling across the road passing just in front of the second car in front of me.  Both cars, and me, slamming brakes on as the tire roll across the road, and then parallel to it on it's way in the ditch on our side of the road.  One of those days, I guess.

RandyLittrell

How many tractors did you have their Terry? 

I am putting this on my list for next your for sure!

Randy

T-Mo

@RandyLittrell, just my JD GX345.  I thought about bringing the 551 or 702, but I decided not to.  If I did, I would have tried a pass or two with one of them.

BTW, to all, though there was supposed to be signs showing the way, there were not for some reason.  There was some confusion of where we were to plow, but it all got sorted out in the end.

• Like 1

T-Mo

A couple more pictures from the plow day taken by a WFM member.

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg