russellmc301

we use our local battery shop, the 1 year warrenty is nice 

they are great people and far priced.

Edited by russellmc301

Sparky
16 minutes ago, russellmc301 said:

we use our local battery shop, the 1 year warrenty is nice 

they are great people and far priced.

What brand battery do they carry. Or do they have multiple brands?

Mike.....

jdleach

Mike, I have had pretty good service from Exide batteries over the years. The batteries in my 1949 Ford truck, 312-8, and C175, are the Rural King brand made by Exide.

Like you, have had little success from the cheap off-brand units from many of the big box stores. In regards to lawn and garden batteries, they always seemed to fail after about a year or two. The Exide in my 312-8 is in its third year, and is still going strong.

slammer302

The last battery I bought had a handle too. Makes installing the battery a lot easier on the nucleus.

wh500special
1 hour ago, slammer302 said:

The last battery I bought had a handle too. Makes installing the battery a lot easier on the nucleus.

So, if the handle was an option would that make it the "nuclear option" that I keep hearing so much about?

:)

Autocorrect plays heck with us eukaryotes, doesn't it?  B)

steve. 

• Like 1

squonk
8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Haven't bought a tractor battery in a year or so and I usually buy the Everstarts from Wal-mart (absolute garbage). I only buy them because they are cheap but I always get what I pay for and they never seem to last. So tonight I decided to never buy another cheapie from Wal-mart and I went to Tractor Supply. Bought this one and discovered it has a handle! What a great feature! Hopefully this one will last longer than the cheapies.

image.jpg

Mike.....

Now you can carry it with you at all times. Take it on business trips for those lonely moments, power your flashlights ect. :)

I usually get 3-4 yrs. out of the Huskees. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

russellmc301

lesch battery is the what they sell, they sell some other too but mostly lesch

Edited by russellmc301

953 nut

:handgestures-thumbupright:  I have had good luck with the Huskee 360, seem to be the best buy; just replaced on that was four years old.

• Like 1

Ken B

The Huskees seem to be pretty good, I have a few that are at least 3 yrs. old and still going strong. I know someone out there will tell me how great they are but, Interstate batteries are ABSOLUTE garbage. When I worked at the Chevy dealer we sold Interstate as an option to the more expensive but far superior AC Delco batteries. They always came back and we wound up not using them anymore. I had the same experience with Interstate in my own vehicles. I'm not  sure if they have improved since then but I'll never give them another chance....

SPINJIM

Tractor Supply in eastern PA sells Deka batteries, which has an excellent reputation.    NAPA now gets their private label NAPA brand batteries from Deka instead of Exide because they had a high rate of defective batteries from Exide.    Exides are decent batteries if you don't get a bad one right out of the box.

I worked in the healthcare industry where disabled patients depended on a 12 volt battery to power their wheelchairs and other environmental controls.   We used nothing but Deka, and never had problems.   

Jim

Mike'sHorseBarn

I have 18 tractors total so I usually buy at least 2 or 3 batteries a year. The absolute best battery I have ever had in any tractor is an interstate hands down. I have had them last up to 8 years! The problem is they are so darn expensive! I have tried Deka batteries but I never had much luck with them for what they cost. So i switched to the huskee batteries 3 years ago and have yet to replace one. The only issue I had was that I got one that was a dud the moment i brought it home, took it back to tractor supply and exchanged it and didn't have any issues with it. In my opinion they give you the best bang for your buck! Now I do try to maintain the batteries as best i can. In the winter the trailer queens get their batteries taken out and into the basement of the house for the winter and that seems to make them last longer. I did have a carquest battery come in a cub cadet 102 that i bought once and the battery was good and strong on it 6 years after the date was punched on the battery. Just my :twocents-twocents:

Mike  

squonk
3 hours ago, SPINJIM said:

Tractor Supply in eastern PA sells Deka batteries, which has an excellent reputation.    NAPA now gets their private label NAPA brand batteries from Deka instead of Exide because they had a high rate of defective batteries from Exide.    Exides are decent batteries if you don't get a bad one right out of the box.

I worked in the healthcare industry where disabled patients depended on a 12 volt battery to power their wheelchairs and other environmental controls.   We used nothing but Deka, and never had problems.   

Jim

I worked at Napa during the Exide/Deka switch.  Most of the defective Exide batteries were due to defective  customers & mechanics. I got so many free batteries I never had to buy one for 10 years for anything I owned. 

stevasaurus

The battery without the handle is a good $10 cheaper Sparky...   :ychain: 

I have never bought any batteries from Wal-Mart.  I don't know why, I just haven't.  I do seem to get more years out of a battery if I use a float charger on it.  :)

• Like 1

DougC

I got 5 years out of a NAPA battery and replaced it last fall just to be safe. I bought a 300cca garden tractor battery from our local farm store as a replacement so   :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Got it on sale.     :)

ACman

We sold Interstate and Turbo Start back in the day . Really didn't have trouble with either brand , but i have to say Interstate rotated there batteries .

Wishin4a416

3rd year for this 34 dollar TSC battery so I will do it again.

IMG_2523.JPG