JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

C 175 , pig in a poke

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, so the delivery guy gets here 10 am sharp. I am outside by mailbox ,, ANTICIPATING.  Finally I see RED ,,on a trailer, coming up the road. Yahoo, jump for joy..

Now the nitty gritty. the hardest starting sob you ever saw, with a puff of smoke she cranks. while he is starting, I am looking, the old saying about pictures.  now exactly what I am thinking I bought, but,, it will have to do. I bought it, no choice now. DANGER DANGER buying stuff from a strager that you cant see. Am I pissed, slowly getting there

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 7

stevasaurus

Great pictures Glenn...thanks.  That is a very nice looking horse.  WOW  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6

Sparky

Sure looks good!

I do know that my tractors sometimes don't always start exactly the way they should after a bumpy trailer ride. Maybe stirs up crud in the tank or the fuel bowl on the carb? 

Mike........

• Like 6

pacer

Dayum, thats a good lookin horse!!!

Gotta love the black hoods!

• Like 1

Achto

Cosmetically that's a nice machine! :handgestures-thumbupright: Hope you don't get in too deep $ wise getting the bugs worked out.:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

Well based on the looks, it would have fooled me, but there is the age old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover". Sorry it didn't work out they way you planned and hope you get it fixed up without feeling too bad about yourself!!

• Like 3

DougC

I can see why you bought it Glenn, It's gorgeous!    Put the gun back in the gun vault and take a few deep breaths....... Murder won't help the situation.    :)

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 minutes ago, DougC said:

I can see why you bought it Glenn, It's gorgeous!    Put the gun back in the gun vault and take a few deep breaths....... Murder won't help the situation.    :)

my wallet got murdered............:ROTF:

I just need to sort out its problems.... 

Glenn

• Like 7

gwest_ca

Transmission drive belt 108502 - (HB/5L x 83" or 5/8" x 83")

Garry

• Like 3

Pollack Pete

Hey,don't feel bad.You have the same problems with most Horses I buy............even when I see them in person.When I go to look at a potential Horse purchase,I always seem to forget to check all the problem spots with the last hosing I got.Working on my latest D180 right now.EVERYTHING  is worn out.Good thing I bought a D160 parts machine a few yrs. ago.Have taken MANY parts off it already.But one thing is for sure.......your C175 sure looks good.Good luck and have fun with your new toy.Love those Kohler twins.Keep posting any progress and/or problems.

• Like 1

buffaloman

yep at least it looks good ! makes fixing the problem a little more worth it .

• Like 1

Vixmith

Paint look so good you might want to just park it and look at it ... {:>) 

I have a c175 A like this..  fouled plugs badly because I mowed and tilled long garden with it on a sidewise tilt.   That burnt out the rings till it used much oil and fouled plugs...  the internal lube system wasn't much on the Kohler KT 17  engine..

Hope you don't have that problem.

• Like 1

Achto

I usually can only afford to buy junk, so I get to have the surprises of something working. You got a nice looking machine Glenn & I'm sure it's in good hands.

• Like 5

pfrederi

Forget the Champions get a plug that will work Autolite 25

• Like 5

slammer302

do you know it got wet? The kt17 points don't like moisture  

• Like 1

WHX??
16 minutes ago, achto said:

I usually can only afford to buy junk

Welcome to my world!

Nice horse tho Glenn ...keep us posted :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Jerry77
45 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Forget the Champions get a plug that will work Autolite 25

I can honestly say, in my 60 + years of driving I have never had a Champion spark plug that was worth two cents............:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

ok, It just fired up, but rough. Jerry, I will try those plugs. I fixed , temporarily, a lot of taped up wires. It started. new plugs installed. still sputters. but running. I noticed that on top of the flywheel cover, a little square box, tons of sparks flying out of that, whats in there. will post a picture. also, was just unferneath, took a pucture of the snapped belt.  clues anyone? I am winging it, just wanted to hear it fire up. thanks for the comments on the pig in a poke.

Glenn

20161018_175020.jpg

20161018_175010.jpg

20161018_174359.jpg

20161018_174348.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
forgot pictures
  • Like 2

slammer302

Sounds like the voltage regulator. Probably not getting a good ground.

• Like 2

Achto

:text-yeahthat: That little box looks like the voltage regulator. I believe it should have a 3wire flat plug on it,

• Like 1

slammer302

In the pic the bolt looks loose the voltage regulator has to be grounded or they will spark had the same problem on the city's wheel horse. I do have a series one Kohler parts engine if you need anything let me know and I can see if I have it.

• Like 2

Achto

:text-yeahthat: That little box looks like the voltage regulator. I believe it should have a 3wire flat plug on it,

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Nice!

You'll figure it out...

Love the Black Hoods!

:ph34r:

• Like 1