JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

C 175 , pig in a poke

slammer302

Even though it's a basket case it looks good.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

Forget the Champions get a plug that will work Autolite 25

Paul, I thought the cross reference for the Champion BL-15Y that the KT uses is an Autolite 26.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, slammer302 said:

In the pic the bolt looks loose the voltage regulator has to be grounded or they will spark had the same problem on the city's wheel horse. I do have a series one Kohler parts engine if you need anything let me know and I can see if I have it.

slammer, you have good eyes. on closer inspection, both bolts were very loose. I backed them out, checked threads for cross threading, a drop of oil. tightened them in like they are supposed to be. suprise. no sparks flying from under the cover. thanks.

Glenn

2 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

I can honestly say, in my 60 + years of driving I have never had a Champion spark plug that was worth two cents............:twocents-02cents:

pfredi, jerry and all autolite fans. I just got back from getting 2 autolite plugs. I was told / warned. what I took out was a no go. so 2 plugs (champions) at 9 bucks are being replaced after this post with 2 autolites at 4 and change per the pair.these should be way better. thanks for the tip guys. 

Glenn

3 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Transmission drive belt 108502 - (HB/5L x 83" or 5/8" x 83")

Garry

Garry, thank you sir for the belt number, I did a flea bay search, found a few NOS, from 30 plus shipping down to 25. Would anyone run a differant cheaper belt? If so which one? Or stick with NOS? just asking, thanks so far guys on the advice, help, and comments. I am in the garage right now getting down and dirty. lordy I luv this kind of fun.

Glenn

20161018_192721.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
picture
  • Like 6

Kurt-NEPA

Good looking Horse Glenn.  You'll get the little bugs worked out.

Kurt

• Like 1

KC9KAS

WOW, very nice tractor and I don't go for the black hoods.

Glad you got a great deal.:ychain:

Edited by KC9KAS
spelling
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

That is a nice looking Horse Glenn. Remember one nice thing about this hobby is there is no deadline. You can work on it some and then walk away and collect your thoughts. Take your time and Im sure you will get the bugs worked out.

• Like 6

AMC RULES

When you've had enough of poking that :wh: pig...

just let me know Glenn.   :teasing-poke:  

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Don't know what you paid for it but like Craig just said, I'm thinking someone will offer to buy it from you!  Looks good to me!

• Like 1

857 horse

LOLOLOLOLO

You guys should be on my side of the screen....LOLOLOLOLOL ..and I feel safe knowing everyone here is friends.....

It sounds like a lynching is about to go down,,,,,thank goodness the guy got out of town  early....

I can see everyone jumping on their horses.....Someone grabbbin some rope,,,,,,,,,,

and the gang looking for a strong limb....

Whewwwwww,,,im tired now,,,,,

Life on the range had to be easier than this room....,,,and Like Doug said....pack it back in the vault for another day.....:text-lol:

• Like 6

jdleach

Well.... regarding the Champion/Autolite topic, I recall in the 1980s doing a stint at a Chrysler dealership. Found that the 2.2L, 318, 2.5L, all the way up to the 440 would run awful on the Autolites. Also found over the years that the Champions worked best in the 239 flatheads I have run.

That said, had some issues with the last few Champions in my '49 Ford F-2, and am currently running Autolites. It does seem to perform better. On the other hand, my Grand Cherokee ('04) likes the Champions best.

My feeling is that quality issues crop up from time to time with about all brands of plugs, and that accounts for variation over time as far as what works best in a given engine.

The drive belt is an interesting item also. Initially got the wrong belt for my C175, and had to take it back and get the correct one. When it came in, it was also too long. Checked the part numbers, and it is supposed to be the correct belt. Looked closely at the ragged out one I took off, and found it is a Dayco L582. Translation: L= Lawn and Garden, 5= 1/2" wide, and 82 is the length. Why the 82" belt fits correctly, I am not sure. Worn out motor mounts could account for part of it.

I almost exclusively get my belts from Toro. All the belts on the 312-8 are Toros, and the ones I have bought for the C175 came from them. Quality is top notch.

Great looking tractor Glenn. Don't get discouraged, these are great machines, even if you have to work on them to get them running properly, and well worth it.

• Like 4

Achto
57 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Would anyone run a differant cheaper belt? If so which one? Or stick with NOS?

I have had absolutely no issues with the Husky belts sold at Tractor Supply Company. They seem to be a good quality kevlar belt. No waiting for the mail either, if you have a TSC in the area.   

• Like 5

Kurt-NEPA

I'm with achto,  I've have had very good luck with TSC Husky (PIC) Kevlar belts.  That is all I used these days.

Kurt

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
36 minutes ago, 857 horse said:

LOLOLOLOLO

You guys should be on my side of the screen....LOLOLOLOLOL ..and I feel safe knowing everyone here is friends.....

It sounds like a lynching is about to go down,,,,,thank goodness the guy got out of town  early....

I can see everyone jumping on their horses.....Someone grabbbin some rope,,,,,,,,,,

and the gang looking for a strong limb....

Whewwwwww,,,im tired now,,,,,

Life on the range had to be easier than this room....,,,and Like Doug said....pack it back in the vault for another day.....:text-lol:

I guess my jersey / new york "city" attitude comes out sometimes, but I cool fast and never hurt a fly.   

your safe where your at.   yes, we are all friends here.    :teasing-poke:

Its not nice to be taken.  EOM

Glenn

ACman

Glen I hope it all works out in the end . As far as spark plugs go for me it's Autolite , ACdelco , of NGK's depending on application . 

That is one one nice looking black hood :handgestures-thumbupright: !

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
28 minutes ago, Kurt-NEPA said:

I'm with achto,  I've have had very good luck with TSC Husky (PIC) Kevlar belts.  That is all I used these days.

Kurt

I will have to cross reference a number Kurt. Theres no TSC close by. darn it.

Still in the garage playing with the carb. It will take some to tweek it in. But its a beautifull night and the doors are open.

Glenn

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

I seem to recall that Wheel Horse used a different profile belt than what was standard. I've had good luck with replacement Toro belts. Back to my commercial HVAC days, belts could dryout hanging on the rack. I'm talking belts that were 12 feet in diameter in groups of four - plus 40 years ago technology.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
32 minutes ago, achto said:

I have had absolutely no issues with the Husky belts sold at Tractor Supply Company. They seem to be a good quality kevlar belt. No waiting for the mail either, if you have a TSC in the area.   

30 minutes ago, Kurt-NEPA said:

Kurt

:text-yeahthat: No issues with these belts - drive, deck and PTO...

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 minute ago, ACman said:

Glen I hope it all works out in the end . As far as spark plugs go for me it's Autolite , ACdelco , of NGK's depending on application . 

That is one one nice looking black hood :handgestures-thumbupright: !

thank you Jeff, the autolites made a big differance to.

Glenn

• Like 2

slammer302

When it comes to spark plugs I'm a big fan of NGK's.

• Like 4

Kurt-NEPA
14 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Theres no TSC close by

Wow Glenn!,  how can you live so far out in the sticks that there is no TSC.  I'm way out in the boonies and have 4 within a 45 minute drive. Closest is 10 minutes.  I don't know how I would bet by without TSC.  Bolts by the pound are the best part.

LOL!!!!!

Kurt;

• Like 4

dells68

For a smoker with a broken belt:ychain: I love it!  Heck I'd like to have it even if it didn't come with mosquito control!  Handy bonus in the days of zika!

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

the birth certificate. who can read it?  he must have cleaned it with jet fuel, a plastic sticker is all.

Glenn

20161018_215412.jpg

20161018_215407.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

the packs of grass you always find.

the fan blades are all there and intact.

Glenn

20161018_220558.jpg

20161018_220605.jpg

20161018_220842.jpg

20161018_221843.jpg

20161018_220838.jpg

oh, amazing that the plastic pan is intact 100 percent. would you guys save that and install a metal pan?

• Like 2