Bakerb9

My 656

roadapples

:WRS:

KC9KAS

Sounds like a family owned machine. Good luck with the attachments.

Oh, :WRS:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Pollack Pete

VERY nice 656.That's the model that started all this lunacy for me.Still have mine stored away here.Have fun with your new toy.

953 nut

:WRS:     Third generation :wh: owner; love to hear that. The snow plow is rather easy to mount; remove the mower, drive over the plow frame until the frame end is at the rear axle. The bracket for the plow is mounted to the bottom of the rear axle, jack the rear of the frame into the slots and lock it in. Lower the implement lift, use the same chain that raised the mower to attach to the plow frame and that will raise it. Tire chains and wheel weights will be a big help too.

Retired Wrencher

Bakerb9 :WRS: I just did mine can send pick if needed. Once you see how it attaches to implement lift the rest is easy. let me know if you would like picture to help. I have a 657 same tractor I use it all summer at the shows. All day on a tank of gas. you like it. Fine little tractor. Enjoy. 

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.

oliver2-44

Welcome!

Clean it up with some SOS pads, rubbing compound and wax and it will be a great survivor!   

• Like 1

Flatheadpete

Nice!  I just started stripping my 856 for a quick resto.  They're fairly easy to work with so putting a plow on it won't be tough.  Just took mine off last night!

TIGman

Nice looking tractor!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

Hope you can round up the other attachments.

Achto

:WRS: Nice looking machine. :handgestures-thumbupright: Good to see it's staying in the family.

TDF5G

Your tractor looks might fine!  Have fun with it.  Pushing snow with a :wh: is a lot of fun!

:WRS:

Retired Wrencher

Bakerb9 here are a few picks of what I was saying earlier about the hook up. look at the paint stir. the last pick is where the frame should sit up the front by the quick attach.

CIMG1940.JPG

CIMG1942.JPG

CIMG1944.JPG

CIMG1946.JPG

CIMG1947.JPG

• Like 1

TDF5G

You don't have that hooked up correctly.  The small metal plate in your pic attaches between the lift bar and the dozer blade frame.  Then you don't need the chain.  

I'll see if I can find a pic.  I'm at work, can't take pics of my tractors.

Your'e connected to the rear axle bracket correctly.  Note: the dozer blade attachment does not utilize the mid mount tach-a-matic.

Edited by TDF5G

TDF5G

I got lucky and found a pic without too much hunting.  Notice to the left of the pic how the little metal plate its attached with the pins and no chain needed.  It hooks up to the front hole of the lift bar.

IMG_2853.JPG

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 3

Retired Wrencher

well I am no expert but  will take a look at it. Thanks. The lift handle set all the way down on adjustment?

gwest_ca

Here is an attachment shopping list

Garry

• Like 1

Bakerb9

Holy buckets! Thanks for the warm welcome and guidance! I can't wait to have some free time later this week to get it all worked out. I've been looking for those manuals for a long time. Thanks for the links!

• Like 1

TDF5G
1 hour ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

well I am no expert but  will take a look at it. Thanks. The lift handle set all the way down on adjustment?

You just need it low enough to hook it up.  Then adjust as required for the job.

• Like 1

WHX??
10 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

That's the model that started all this lunacy

Sure ...blame it on the tractor Pete.....

:WRS: Baker.... nice :wh:

• Like 1

Bakerb9

I just ordered an LED light bar to mount on this for plowing. I hope modifications like this aren't frowned upon. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, Bakerb9 said:

I just ordered an LED light bar to mount on this for plowing. I hope modifications like this aren't frowned upon. 

I have a magnet mount LED strobe on mine. Plug in to Cig. lighter and works like a charm...great for night plowing...

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
21 hours ago, TDF5G said:

I got lucky and found a pic without too much hunting.  Notice to the left of the pic how the little metal plate its attached with the pins and no chain needed.  It hooks up to the front hole of the lift bar.

IMG_2853.JPG

Success. this what happens when you guess.  I did not see that hole on the deck arm DUUUUUHHHH.

CIMG1949.JPG

CIMG1950.JPG

• Like 2

TDF5G
1 hour ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Success. this what happens when you guess.  I did not see that hole on the deck arm DUUUUUHHHH.

Now you're cookin' with Crisco!   :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Those holes in the blade frame look a little worn.  Nothing a little welding and a drill won't fix though!

And now you have a spare piece of chain to use on something else. :)

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
1 hour ago, TDF5G said:

Now you're cookin' with Crisco!   :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Those holes in the blade frame look a little worn.  Nothing a little welding and a drill won't fix though!

And now you have a spare piece of chain to use on something else. :)

I will not be using much. I do not have a welder. Maybe use a 3/8 with a lock nut on it to hold If need be.

• Like 1