M-14

customize Toro Wheel horse model 79263 snow blower

M-14

Has anyone converted a toro wheel horse model 79263 snow blower to fit a 1970 wheel horse C-161. My old blower is still running but I picked up this newer, like new model with the wheel weights and chains for $150.00.I would think if the drive shaft was extended to meet the same measurements as the old blower shaft with maybe 1 more support bearing and a diffrerent belt, because the large pulley will be lower on this blower it might work. would greatly appreciate any and all expertise and suggestions. Thanks ahead of time.

Walt

:WRS:

You may want to view my snow blower modifications or project update posts. I would suggest that you sell it and buy one that will work on your tractor. There are between 6 and 12 things you would need to do to make it work.

Edited by Walt
  • Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Walt

I want to expand on my previous comment their are one or two things about doing the conversions needed to make the 79263 snow thrower work on your C-161 tractor that need to be welded or machined. If you don't have access to a welder, mill and a lathe (if you need to make both pieces) that could make cost a deterrent. You can PM me if you would like more info on doing this. I did it for a couple of reasons first was I didn't own a blower for my tractor and it only cost me 40.00 for the one I saved from the scrap yard. Second is I love figuring things out to me it was like a life sized puzzle that let me work with my hands, helped keep my mind active and the opportunity to teach a few of the grandkids some basics in a few different skill sets.   

• Like 1