RedWheelz

ATV muffler for wheel horse?

I was wondering if anyone knows if you could use an atv muffler on a wheel horse? Would there be enough back pressure? Too much?

As long as the HP rating is the same and they are both 4 cycle it would be OK.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JHorseman
      I am in the process of restoring a 72 Raider 8 and decided I would beef it up a bit with a custom stack. Currently the motor is out of the tractor and am waiting for a rod, piston, cam shaft and bearing set. Motor was in total self destruct mode when the previous owner didn't check the oil 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️ So I made this stainless stack out of sch 5, 2 inch pipe and reduced to 1". Decided I didn't like to looks of threaded pipe so I found a couple valve parts to act as the flanges, and am going to weld the other flange to a threaded nipple and screw into the engine block. Let me know what you think! Trying to decide if I should leave it flat, mitre it or weld a turnout on it! 
      Jake

Also, I'm going to hold out for now until I can hear it run straight piped, but considering rolling a stainless screen down to 1" and packing gap between the stack and the screen with muffler packing. Has anyone else ever done this? Looking for ideas and comments are welcome!
      Jake 
    • By SOCKDOG
      I have a 1963 633 with the steal Square pan seat. It is cracked and looking to replace it. I can find loads of the standard round replacement seats but not a square one. Does anybody know where I can find one?
    • By Jersilb
      Decided to add a traditional tractor exhaust/muffler tonight. I think it turned out pretty good. Used a Ford Muffler and reduced it to a 1" pipe, welded the 1" pipe to a new exhaust port flange. Amazingly, it is a lot quieter now. Did not expect that.

Next, I might add some little headlights on each side of the hood. Probably need a little coil to run them. Well see what I can find on eBay.

• By Fun Engineer
      Original condition, second owner 603.  This beautiful survivor is in very good, original condition except for the light spray over that the original owner put on it. Always stored inside and used on a small city lot in Bay City Michigan.   It includes the original wheels and tires, seat with original seat cover, fenders and tool box, hood and steering wheel.  All tires hold air and are in extremely good condition for the year. No cracks.  Hood has a small 8th inch diameter hole on the right side that the original owner ran his choke cable through and a small dent visible in the pictures. The original choke cable has been replaced and now functions as it should.  The tecumseh motor runs strong. The original owner replaced the recoil. I replaced the head gasket last fall and installed a new air filter, fuel bowl and fuel line.  The fuel tank has a small leak in it somewhere on the bottom. It will need to be sealed. It also has a new aftermarket carburetor.  The original carburetor will be included in the sale.  Sale includes original snow blade, no deck. 

I prefer pickup at my location but can deliver in Michigan for gas money. 

I may may be able to deliver to Mentone June 1-2, 2017

PM or email for more information or to schedule a visit.