Gasser

Old Wheel Horse help

Gasser

Thank you guys for the help I really appreciate it.. i'm going to try to tear down the transmission this week and see why it's locked up 

• Like 1

DennisThornton
On 10/16/2016 at 2:35 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:

No expert, but looks like a 60-61 Suburban...?

A lot smarter folks than I will be along shortly to get you the exact model...

SEE WHAT I MEAN _ STEVASAURUS IS ONE OF THOSE "SMARTER FOLKS'...GO WITH HIS ID ANY DAY OF THE WEEK...

:bow-blue:

60-61 had the newer style cast axle.  RJ here.

At first glance my mouth dropped and I dribbled on my keyboard as I thought "That's original paint on an RJ?!?".  Then I wiped my keyboard, took a look at the rest of the pictures and saw the rust pits painted over with red.  OK, heart rate back to normal, yes it's been repainted but still!  Yard ornament indeed!  

Save it! 

• Like 3

Gasser

My plan is to save it..What would the original wheel color be Gloss white?I see some people do them black it doesn't look bad

AMC RULES

Original wheel color was Linen beige, or an off white, antique, almond type color. 

stevasaurus

Gasser, there is plenty of help here when you go to open up that transmission.  Check out some of the threads for the #5003 and #5010 transmissions.  Also, take pictures and ask any questions.  :)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/144-transmissions/

Gasser

Thank you guys

Gasser

Hey guys I started tearing down the RJ took the dry rotted tires off the rear rims they are a little pitted through but I'm going to try to save them if not I'm going to have to find a new set..I haven't came across a Kohler K91 but still looking.. would it be possible to use a 4 hp Tecumseh till I find a kohler or would that just be wrong?

ClassicTractorProfessor
18 minutes ago, Gasser said:

Hey guys I started tearing down the RJ took the dry rotted tires off the rear rims they are a little pitted through but I'm going to try to save them if not I'm going to have to find a new set..I haven't came across a Kohler K91 but still looking.. would it be possible to use a 4 hp Tecumseh till I find a kohler or would that just be wrong?

I myself would find a Kohler but that is just me...never was a big fan of Tecumseh engines. But the nice part is it is yours you are free to do what you want to with it, that's half the fun of these little tractors, getting to build them how you want them...I'm sure there are purists out there who would say it's wrong to put anything but a correct Kohler or Clinton on it, but I say if you have a Tecumseh laying around that needs a home, then go for it, you can always play around with it for a while and then when that Kohler or Clinton comes along swap them out if you want to. Only thing we ask is for plenty of :text-coolphotos: along the way :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Gasser

Thanks..will the Tecumseh HS40 bolt right on as the Kohler or will I need to make  I need to make alterations?

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

That I'm not sure of...never had much experience with the Teckys all my tractors with the exception of my wife's commando have been Kohler powered...I'm sure it won't take too much to make it fit

woodchuckfarmer

My RJ had a 3hp brigs in it when I got it .The K91 bolted right in the same holes as the brigs   Good luck with your RJ     Wayne