Red520

I had problems with the tractor drifting when it was in neutral. I found that the adjustment cam eccentric was worn in several places so I replaced the cam and the plate that it travels in. I jacked it up after installing the new parts and set the neutral position and the problem was solved. The only issue I have now is that shifting forward on the hand lever is difficult. If I loosen the nut and washer on the plate it will shift easier but then of course the hand lever will slowly slip down slowing the speed. I looked at it last night and when shifting the cam seems to drag hard on one side of the shifting plate. Is there something in the tranny shifting assembly that requires being greased? I don't think that greasing the plate and cam will do anything as it will probably wear away quickly. Anyone have any insight?

slammer302

Sense it's all new it may need to break in sum before it works smoothly.

You may try dry graphite lube

• Like 3

Jerry77
23 minutes ago, slammer302 said:

You may try dry graphite lube

I tried dry graphite on my 516 - not a good idea - best is bare metal, and like you said, it needs to wear in some..:twocents-02cents:

312Hydro

I put a nylon washer under the steel washer on mine. Works for me and the friction can still be adjusted.

• Like 1

Jerry77
9 hours ago, Red520 said:

The only issue I have now is that shifting forward on the hand lever is difficult.

Was just reading the Eaton manual - it should take about 6 pounds of force to move the shift lever, so it will be a tad hard to do - but should stay in place....:)