lae1967

K341 Rebuild Question

lae1967

I'm wanting to rebuild my Kohler K341 but don't trust my skills to very exactly what work would need to be done and get it done correctly. I inherited the c160  from my dad plus its my main worker so want it done right so it will go another 40 years. Does anyone know of a shop in central Illinois (I'm near Springfield, IL) where I can get the work done with peace of mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Larry

Edited by lae1967
  • Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:    I am not from your neck of the woods but if you call around to engine machine shops you will get some idea of their level of expertise and pricing. You might be able to get a good lead by asking a local equipment rental store who they use, if it isn't right they aren't making money so they know who to trust.    :twocents-02cents:

PS     :wwp:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@lae1967 I can't help with a repair/machine shop, but :WRS:

roadapples

:text-yeahthat:       :WRS:

prondzy

I would go around to local car mechanics shops and ask who they use/recommend for engine machining, I would also go ask your local auto parts stores if they know of any engine machine shops in the area, if there are multiple places in your area don't be afraid to get quotes, don't go with the cheapest or the most expensive either. I have a great machine shop I use here in MN, but I have to travel 30 miles one way to get there. A great machinist will help you out, and some are worth driving to

• Like 3