Duramax7man7

Two 42" Decks and Belt Sizes..

Duramax7man7

Good afternoon fellas.

So, I recently acquired a 520H, 312-8 and two 42" mowing decks. I'm looking for functionality at this point. So I'm new WH enthusiast. Loving my experience so far.

One deck is rear discharge and the other is side. I've already attached the size discharge deck to the 520H and the mule drive and belt fit well. When I tried the 520H and belt with the rear discharge deck yesterday, the belt was unable to be tightened. I noticed a slit smaller diameter in the decks main drive pulley. I assume that different decks will need different belts?

I want to go ahead and start ordering replacement belts but how should I go about find which belt to use with which deck?

Thanks in advance.

gwest_ca

May not be the decks you have but the belts listed should be correct.

Garry

Duramax7man7

That looks like them. So the belts are different and this was the issue. 

The SD deck takes a 103" ( 94-2501 ) and the RD takes a 98" ( 108834 ). Thanks for the info my friend. 

Another question... Is there a consensus on the best place to order these from online? (I.e. least expensive)

Also, is it normal for the decks to be a little off balance when raised up? I'm assuming because of the offset center lift brace?

Edited by Mastiffman

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:     If you have a Tractor Supply near you they stock Kevlar "V" belts, A-100 for the S/D and A-96 for the R/D.

Duramax7man7
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:     If you have a Tractor Supply near you they stock Kevlar "V" belts, A-100 for the S/D and A-96 for the R/D.

Nice. I will look into that. Not sure about my suburban area but I will hunt some down. Thanks!

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Just want to say that I purchased:

1. 312-8 Kevlar Drive Belt (Toro 7473) 5/8" x 82" 

2. 520-H Kevlar Drive Belt (Toro 114895) 5/8" 83"

3. 42" Deck Kevlar Drive Belt (Toro 94-2501) 1/2" x 98"

4. 42" Deck Kevlar Drive Belt (Toro 108834) 1/2" x 103"

Shipped USPS ground for $64.05 from the V-BeltGuys.com. Local Tractor supply only had 1,3 and 4 and it was $68 for those three. 

So time will tell on shipping as it was 2-6 days through USPS. But when I similated the shipping in a flat rate box ($13.95 @ USPS) it claculated 2 days shipping. Not bad for $7.99

Thanks for all info fellas!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rob R
      By Rob R
      Hi guys need you help have a 42" side Discharge Deck (Triple Blade) mower deck, mounted on a C-81, that is in bad need of an outside Spindle (Mandrel) the pulley on top is # 5877. The bottom bearing is toast. so I poise the following questions. Note pics attached. 

1. Does any on have one of these for less then a Kings ransome?
      2. Is it possible to disassemble and install an new bearing from like NAPA?
      3. All three spindles have NO Zerk grease fittings can I drill and add some...... if yes where on the housing is the best place to do this. 

Thanks feel free to add any other options...... 

• dlaw90
      By dlaw90
      I'm looking to add a mulching blade to my 42" Rear Discharge (Model  78350). I would like to stack the mulching blade above the regular blade like this (picture is not mine):

I can't find a mulching bladewith the same specs as the Toro blade (Part # 106635).
      Length = 14 1/2"
      Width = 2"
      C.H. Diameter = 3/4"
      Thickness = 0.2040"

The Oregon 90-643 G3 Gator blade is close.
      Length = 13 7/8"
      Width = 2.5"
      C.H. Diameter = 3/4"
      Thickness = 0.203"

Will the difference in blade length cause any problems? It seems like everything would still be balanced on the spindle and the Toro blade would still allow a full 42" cutting path. Am I missing anything? I have not verified that there is enough spindle length to accept both blades, but it appears this hasn't been an issue for others.
    • WH 312-8 Fan
      By WH 312-8 Fan
      So I've been poking around for a few months looking about buying a rear discharge deck. After the Gettysburg/ Arendtsville show, I found a few decks there but didn't have the cash on me. I had hoped to make more money off my parts tractor by that point. I found a couple of them that were the "reinforced" style. They had round bar stock around the lower edge of the deck. The more I get dead ends on mower decks, the more I feel that perhaps, maybe, a new deck wouldn't be a bad investment. I plan on keeping the tractor for the long haul. The mower decks I've found so far have all needed cosmetic work at the very least and still were going for about $500. There were a couple for $300-$400 but needed work. I don't have the tools or experience to do metal work on the shell. If I bought a used deck, I'd probably tear it down, clean and paint it best I could. Whatever I would do, would probably need redone in a few years. I'm thinking that even if I found a mower deck, I'd still end up sinking $$ into a deck and time to refurb it before next spring.

So, my thought process was, what if I invest in a new deck. coat the underside right off the bat. I wouldn't have to burn time repairing metal and I would "know what I have". 

I put in a request to the New Haven Power up in Vermont asking for a shipping quote. Who knows if their website is current. The financing programs they had posted, some were out of date.

My question to the forum is: have any of you gotten this route? Are the reinforced decks still available?  Are the new deck shells junk? I this a trap?
      I know going through a parts department will usually land a bigger $ bill and I found some references from 2012 on this forum saying that decks weren't available complete anymore. I was hoping to go through a wholegoods/sales department and get a whole deck shipped to me on a pallet LTL truck freight. I'm looking at twice the cost up front but with a financing option. If they come complete, I could be up and running.

Thoughts? I apologize for any incoherence, there's a lot going around my head.
    • bizzo15
      By bizzo15
      So I bought a 1998 312-8 last year and I love it.  However I'm not a big fan of the rear discharge deck that came with it.  It doesn't chop the clippings up fine enough for my liking.  Anyways the guy I bought it from gave me the recycler attachment for the deck.  I'd like to get some new blades for the deck and hook up the recycler attachment, problem is the serial # of the deck is worn off and least the sticker portion is(not sure if the serial # is stamped somewhere else)  is there a way to properly ID my deck without serial # so I know what blades to get?

Thanks!