JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

1974 ,, B 80 ,, my new to me

N3PUY

I have a deck like that one .... looks like a rear discharge deck with a chute added to the side.  

What's up with that?

• Like 2

Dan Hankins

Nice

• Like 1

Sparky

That's a real nice original unmolested machine Glenn....I think you did great!

Mike..........

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't know any thing about the B series tractors but it looks in great shape.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
32 minutes ago, N3PUY said:

I have a deck like that one .... looks like a rear discharge deck with a chute added to the side.  

What's up with that?

good eyes, I have 2 of those decks myself, I just wrote to him. what is with that? Something I want to know.

will post the reply when I get it. I dont like a butcher job. 

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

Kurt-NEPA

Nice Score Glenn!

Kurt

• Like 1

oldredrider

That is a 36" side discharge deck. Wheel Horse original. Not a butcher job. Nice cutting decks.

• Like 3

Junkers88

That looks great! I"m new to a B-80 as well but mines not near that nice looking.

Congrats!

Richard.

• Like 1

ACman

Great score ! You've been a busy guy hear lately Glen . How many does that make now ? I've made it a point to stay off CL and limiting my time here on the forum for a while . Trying to keep my fever under control (literally haven't felt good  :sad-fever:) buying to many horses . Congratulations on your one owner .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

TIGman

Looks like you got a dandy there Glenn!!:handgestures-thumbupright:.  Nice looking tractor.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice!!!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
3 hours ago, N3PUY said:

What's up with that?

OK, let's get down to the reply from the owner, it is not a rear discharge, it is a side discharge. Old red rider had it right. Now, I must admit, from that right side picture showing the rear of the deck, it most certainly does look like a rear discharge. The owner replied to me pretty quick, but I just found it in my spam mail.

We all make mistakes, I assumed what you posted  N3.  I was wrong to. 

Glenn

608KEB

Nice score! You'll love that B-80. They steer so easy. Plenty of power too. I mow in 2nd. If the blades are sharp it will cut really well. I also bought a garage kept 1 owner B-80 5 years ago. It is a very capable tractor.

IMG_20151229_094440765.jpg

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, 608KEB said:

Nice score! You'll love that B-80. They steer so easy. Plenty of power too. I mow in 2nd. If the blades are sharp it will cut really well. I also bought a garage kept 1 owner B-80 5 years ago. It is a very capable tractor.

WOW,,,,,,,,,that's a sweetheart, looks like it was kept in a better garage, lol. Do you have a side discharge deck like Mine? Also, what year is that one please, the seats look identical. Trying to find out what I can on these now. Thanks for the words.

Glenn

TDF5G

Congrats on your new Horse.  Looks like it's been well cared for and ready for 40 more years of service!

• Like 1

608KEB

Mine came with a 36" Rd deck. It's a 1975. You stole the that B-80. Horse thief! The seat is a aftermarket.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 0:22 AM, 608KEB said:

608KEB What muffler do you have on your b80. I have a 75 b80 and it starts and runs great. Mine has the original muffler on it .It doesn't like as good as either of these but it is my second favorite wheel Horse  next to my c160.

• Like 2

kudzu3

I have a '74 B 80, my favorite tractor. You certainly did well on the purchase.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, kudzu3 said:

I have a '74 B 80, my favorite tractor. You certainly did well on the purchase.

I want to give all of you an update of sorts. First off this little gem isn't home yet. It's about 40 miles away being kept for me. 

But the real story is this, when the PO called me and we exchanged out work history stories, both of us retired now. He gave 50 bucks back on the 350 purchase price. Pete says to me, heck Glenn, I think 300 is fair enough, your a decent fella and I am happy with 300.   Tell you what, I was flabbergasted, couldn't thank him enough.  I can't really put into words about this, but I think you guys get my feelings here.  There's still real nice folks out there .

Glenn

• Like 6

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

But the real story is this, when the PO called me and we exchanged out work history stories, both of us retired now. He gave 50 bucks back on the 350 purchase price. Pete says to me, heck Glenn, I think 300 is fair enough, your a decent fella and I am happy with 300.   Tell you what, I was flabbergasted, couldn't thank him enough.  I can't really put into words about this, but I think you guys get my feelings here.  There's still real nice folks out there .

Glenn

I've found nothing but the same with everyone related to this site and WH in general...

Must be the :wh: juju...

• Like 5

608KEB
17 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

608KEB What muffler do you have on your b80. I have a 75 b80 and it starts and runs great. Mine has the original muffler on it .It doesn't like as good as either of these but it is my second favorite wheel Horse  next to my c160.

It's a Nelson. They came with it. I've also seen a similar muffler on other B-80's I can't think of the name of it. Maybe it was Schuster.I think 1976 and newer had the Nelson muffler that wrapped around the front of the engine.

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 2

TDF5G

My '77 B80 has the Nelson muffler in front of the engine that exits on the left side. 

My Dad has a '75 B80 with a little muffler on the block.  I don't know what brand it is, see pic below.

IMG_3045.JPG

• Like 2

608KEB
3 hours ago, TDF5G said:

My '77 B80 has the Nelson muffler in front of the engine that exits on the left side. 

My Dad has a '75 B80 with a little muffler on the block.  I don't know what brand it is, see pic below.

3 hours ago, TDF5G said:

Was the name of the other muffler Schuster?

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 1

slammer302

I would be all over that thing! The couple original B-80's I've had. Came with the Nelson muffler that looks like the ones that came on C seires but just a tad smaller. I love the way they make a k181 sound.

• Like 2