Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

Lets see some tools

linen beige

Damn Jim :D What Ya trying to do give us a complete Inventory :omg: Or ya just trying to OUT TOOL :hide: The OLE DUKE! <_< :hide:

My "big job" tools don't compare to your colection Duke. I didn't bring up my tile setting and concrete stuff. A few years ago I tore the whole back wall off my house and gutted most of the inside, including some of the basement floor, for a bit of a remodel. With the wife's blessing I've bought every aditional tool I've needed for each step of the work. When she realized just 'Horses payed for the whole herd in saved labor costs for our patio, she kinda warmed up to them.

Don't get me started on my model building tools. Forty two plus years worth! All manner of tiny screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, pliers, chisels, scrapers, knives, razor cutters, miter cutters, picks, nail sets, drills, casting supplies, files, rasps, reamers, clamps, soldering tools, scale rail jigs, I even have a table saw with a 2 1/4 inch diameter blade. Any of you ever notice the tiny anvils that harbor Freight sells? I have one and actually USE it!

Teddy da Bear

Big Mike......only my grandfather and great uncle were car-knockers.

My dad was a brakeman for most of his working life.

I did not realize it when I was a kid.....he had the most pitiful job.

He had to go to work whenever they called him....day or night.

Gone for 1 to three days at a time. Home was a minimum of 8 hrs.

to sleep...no way to plan anything unless he asked to be marked off the

board.

In the dead of night he often had to get off the train at times and walk the

entire length of the train and in winter sometimes up to his knees in snow.

And some of those trains were over a mile long! Then when they no

longer used cabooses....he had to walk there and back!! Thank God he

became a freight conductor at the very last. And then it was up to him

when the train moved.

Sorry to get :hide: (could we change the "off topic" face to sad or

indifferent instead of angry? )

Rollerman

For hand tools I have run of the mill Craftsman..."it's okay I have tuff knuckles & can take it.' :D

Some SK stuff too.

Power tools are a mix of Makita,Bosch, & Skil.

Some Cambell/Housefeild air tools.

For makeing thing stick together I have a big ol Lincoln arc welder, POS Century wire feed job, amazeing puddy, & several rolls of color matching duc tape. :hide:

Other goodies...a 6.5hp upright air compressor compliments of my FIL, 4" band saw, fileing machine, benchtop drill press, bench top vice, bench top grinders "One W/wire wheel & buffer..the other for sharpening blades & makeing my drills duller" & access to a 12" South Bend Lathe my neighbor & I went halfs on.

Three or four little first aide kits....all my Horses like the taste of blood!

Hope to upgrade to a larger toolbox soon with ball bearing drawers.

Most used tool...Craftsman 3/8's ratchet & sockets.

Least used Century POS welder.

Jim_M

the other for sharpening blades & makeing my drills duller"

Stephen,

Maybe you've got it running backwards. :hide:

Jim

jusjeepn

I have done a variety of jobs over the years and have acquired new/different tools for every different type of job. Mac, Matco, Snap-on, Klein, Channelock, Lincoln, Cornhole ( :hide: ) Gearwrench, Bluepoint, HF, Crapsman, China, Japan, Chrysler only speciality tools, GM only speciality tools, Home-ade speciality tools (not a brand name) and probably some I can't remember. I'll bet I have tools in my shop that absolutely no one could identify. My jobs have included but are not limited to : ASE certified automobile mechanic, diesel mechanic, millwright, electrician, plumber, brick mason, HVAC, commercial construction, residential construction, line mechanic, small engine mechanic, and several more. Just for kicks, instead of me posting all my tools, how's about playing guess this tool. Do you know what this is? (Hint: Wild Bill might know this)

002-8.jpg

Duff

Something you'd use to remove a pretty fair size circlip, or as I call 'em, "jeesusclips" ?

Duff :hide:

catman81056

Is that some kind of snap ring tool?

jusjeepn

Nope!! Another hint: This is a small engine specific tool

Knuckledragger

It looks like something to hold a flywheel steady while removing the nut.

BTW, I've got one of those, as some put it, POS Century wire welders. I've had it about 6 or 7 years and have yet had any problems with it. 220 volt model, 175 amps. For what I use it for, it works just fine.

mavfreak

I worked on cars for several years ( still do on the side), But I used to think tools were tools and had craftsman. After wrenching for 8 to 10 hours a day I learned that tools were not all created equal. I now have all snap-on and mac tools.

wheelhorse656

as far as hand tools such as open and boxed in wrenches, rachets wrachet wrenches screw drivers etc..... i buy craftsman. any type of specialty tool such as valve spring compesor and pistion ring expander and compersor i usually by HF.

for calabrating tools such as torque wrenches and compresion gadges tachometers ETC..... i like snap-on. really i am all over the bored but i say if you need it and its for a good price go for it. the only thing i would say this motto does not fit is calabreating tools. Bye Jordan :thumbs:

6wheeler

Way back when, I had my own trucks and trailers. And being the tightwad that I was, didn't want to pay anyone to work on my rigs. Plus I didn't trust anyone either. So I learned the hard way. But I got darn good at it. I bought only what we used on the farm so it was Thorsen(back when they still made decent tools). I have some S-K tools and Indestro. I have never owned Snap-on or Mac. Some Craftsman tools have found their way into my boxes as well. My 3/4" and 1" drive sets are Buffalo. And my air tools are all CP's ( I have everything from 1/4" up 1" drives) My air compressor is an industrial Ingersoll-Rand. My sand blaster is a Ruemellin. My torch is a Smith and both of my welders are Millers. Interestingly enough though, I have been buying some Allen sockets and they are very good. And I really like my Vaughn hammers. Pipe wrenches, Ridgid. Vise grips. Channel Locks. And Crescent adjustables. Endres screw drivers. Oh yeah, and a Detroit Diesel tune up kit that hasn't seen the light of day in 15 years. All my socket sets and wrench sets are in SAE and Metric. So, there you have it. I have too much stuff :thumbs: .

flyovrcntry

My collection JEALOUS HUH ?

2570509_lg.jpg

squonk

I don't have pic's of my tools, but I make my living with my tools, and I use to say Snap-on is not worth it, but 25 years later I mainly buy Snap-on yes they cost more but they are nice, if I didn't use them every day no, I wouldn't buy them, biggest example I can think of is my 1/4" air ratchet I've had $50 cheapies and they last a month or so, and $150 Mac ones they last 7-8 months before needing rebuilt, so I bit the bullet and bought a $325 Snap-on lasted almost 2 years before needing a rebuild and cost the same as Mac to rebuild about $100, at work I have tens of thousands of dollars in tools, heck one drawer I have 75+ pair of Vise grips from tiny 3" ones to ones 24" long all kinds of them to clamp panels, to weld I've used almost everyone on a few big jobs, But at home I have about everything mostly my old tools from work as I upgrade, I buy tools all the time I'd have no life with out tools no job, no hobby, no fixing my own cars, I'd be lost with out tools.

Gee Kelly. You have a Vice-Grip for every tractor! :thumbs: Lousy pic but Mac box in the background with Mac, Snap-on and crapsmen inside.

DSCF0676.jpg

MikesRJ

34679_1239051516376_1831942602_465328_1917771_n.jpg

070o.jpg

2010_0202temp0006.jpg

:thumbs:

squonk

34679_1239051516376_1831942602_465328_1917771_n.jpg

070o.jpg

2010_0202temp0006.jpg

Man, What a ball-buster!! :thumbs::drool::drool::drool::thumbs: :thumbs:

JimD

Now that's a good lookin buncha tools! :thumbs: :thumbs:

mr.pipes

GARAGE009.jpg

Duke, do you have four Milwaukee Sawsalls there? I don't have any pictures of my tools but I should for insurance purposes.

Hand tools are probably 90% Craftsman. Plumbing tools are all Ridgid and over a dozen 18V Dewalt cordless tools. Love em!

Like most guys, I really like tools. At the last plumbing company I worked for, a couple guys nicknamed me "the toolwhore"

chesbaycruiser

I think if I made my living with tools, it would be Snap-on, but for me, Craftsman offers the best bang for the buck. Respectable quality for a reasonable price.

No photos of my tool boxes here....by the other photos posted, I'm clearly a rank amateur!!!

HorseFixer

Duke, do you have four Milwaukee Sawsalls there?

Pipes, Nope yer 1/2 right 2 sawzalls 1 from 1980 and one from 2000 The other two milwaukees is a

1/2 magnum hammer drill and the big case is the Rotory Hammer / Chipper. Tool *****? :thumbs: Now

why in the hell would a guy be called that! :thumbs::thumbs:

CleanGargage012.jpg

CleanGargage001.jpg

Confused99

I worked on cars for several years ( still do on the side), But I used to think tools were tools and had craftsman. After wrenching for 8 to 10 hours a day I learned that tools were not all created equal. I now have all snap-on and mac tools.

I agree. It does make a big difference.

I work in the field so I have to keep in mind my tools may get left on job sites, rained on, etc. I also can't carry a lot of tools on my truck. 95% of my tools are in a Husky tool bag. All of my ratchets are Snapon. Wrenches are Gear Wrenches (awesome BTW) The rest are mostly Husky with some Snapon and Matco mixed in. I'm slowly working on upgrading all tools to Snapon but that will take some time :thumbs:

Jason

Daddy Don

My wife says that I three of every kind of tools that have been made. My best two are my Wheel Horses. By the way the BT3000 is a great saw I also have one of them. :thumbs:

jdpuller

Snap-on is my prefffered tool.

5450103506_d6dbb6b8e3_m.jpg

rmaynard

Since I don't use mechanics tools for a living, I don't have all the tools that I would really like to have. But since I have always been a fan of the Craftsman warranty, and since I have a Sears that is only 3 miles from me, I usually buy Craftsman. I will purchase any old, or broken Craftsman hand tools at yard sales and garage sales for cheap, then take them back to Sears and get a new replacement for free.

The nice thing about a Wheel Horse is that you don't really need a lot of tools.