Tonyp

Never used a Wheel Horse tiller before today

AMC RULES

Needed, or not...

I bet you had some :wh: fun in the process.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 3

slammer302

The tiller comes handy if you want to level the ground in area of ur yard. Just till it up and take a dozer blade if you have one and scrap it off.

• Like 2

Tonyp

Yes for sure there are many uses for this baby, it's quite a tool !   and yeah, I had some fun.!

• Like 1

JAinVA

One of the added benefits of the WH tiller is rather than fight a walk behind tiller,you can enjoy a cold beverage and get more done.

JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 3

Lane Ranger

The Wheel Horse tiller  takes a while to install -no denying.  That's why some own a "dedicated"   tractor for the tiller  attachment!  

Once installed it does the job just like you showed on your lawn Tonyp!

238.JPG

237.JPG

243.JPG

Video of Garden Tilling :

241.MOV

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 4

JAinVA

I agree with Lane.The tiller is a bear to put on and take off.I have one horse just for that duty.Makes getting more horses almost a necessity.Who knows maybe a garden is in your future after all.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

I had a dedicated Wheel Horse tractor for tilling, that is until my friend Bruce borrowed my tiller......... He says I can borrow it back anytime I need it :laughing-rolling:

I'm glad he didn't want to borrow the tractor too !

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Tonyp
12 hours ago, JAinVA said:

One of the added benefits of the WH tiller is rather than fight a walk behind tiller,you can enjoy a cold beverage and get more done.

JAinVA

Uhmmm...Well, ok,  I do have 3 Wheel Horse Tractors and only 1 Tiller., but the Tractor with the  Cup Holder has a mower deck on it ? Now what do I do ? It's all so very confusing :(

• Like 3

T-Mo

For the hard Missouri clay (with rocks), I use a Brinly 10 inch single moldboard plow and a Brinly disc to work the ground.  I do need to get a cultivator soon, though.  A tiller would work okay, but not for virgin ground here in my part of Missouri.

wh500special

It's funny how different people have different experiences...

i always thought the tillers were pretty easy to mount and dismount.  But I also think they don't work as well as a dedicated walk-behind rear tine. 

I've never had loose enough soil for them to do much more than bounce...even with brand new tines.  

i always thought if someone who was enterprising and creative would reverse the tines and make the tiller spin the other direction that we'd really have something.  

Gauntlet thrown.  

Steve

• Like 2

T-Mo

Steve,

As to the performance of a tiller, it depends on the soil.  Our Missouri ground, unless it's in the Missouri River bottoms and a few other places, is too hard and rocky for a tiller, unless it's been broken up already.  Especially in my area, which is called the Lead Belt area, and for good reason.  We have a county aptly named Iron County, and towns named Ironton, Irondale, Leadwood, Leadington, etc.  Get the drift?

Wheel-N-It

Hey TonyP, how are you with regards to Hurricane Matthew?

• Like 1

Tonyp
1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Hey TonyP, how are you with regards to Hurricane Matthew?

I am in Charlotte NC, rain fairly heavy at times on and off, but no big deal. We are good, thanks for asking ! 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
22 minutes ago, Tonyp said:

I am in Charlotte NC, rain fairly heavy at times on and off, but no big deal. We are good, thanks for asking ! 

Here in Chapel Hill it has rained all day with off and on wind. Tony you should have less chance for damages than here where I live and further East

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 1