Chris G

Rat/ Modified 702

WHX??

Love it ...that rear rubber is the bomb!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:, Amazing what a guy can do with just parts! I also like the black frame rails ala @JPWH if your not careful gonna be too nice for a plow tractor! :lol:

Almost forgot to ask about the tank... paint or bare aluminum?

• Like 3

Chris G

Thanks! The tank is Bare aluminum. I stripped it and then sanded it 3 different times and now just got to polish it. And ya I used the atv tires cause they run on such a low psi that with the weight I have never needed chains in the past. They just flex and grip.

• Like 4

WHX??

That's what I thought on the tank .... its looks cool. Aren't you afraid it's gonna oxidize?? Maybe a clear coat?

• Like 2

Chris G

I am just gonna use the same polish I use on the rigs fuel tanks and rims. It seems to hold up to all weather pretty well. But If it does start to show anything I will probably clear it then.

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 3

19richie66

Love it!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Cool :wh: custom.  :text-bravo:

• Like 3

Kegler

Nice toy! Have that same set of rears on my 417H, they are a beast! Wish I had your W/W's to go with them.

• Like 1

RedRanger
On 10/5/2016 at 3:56 PM, Chris G said:

I realized I never posted this project. It's a bunch off odd parts i had picked up to save from junk and so on. So I figured I would build me another tractor. Its a 702 tower,steering components, fuel tank, frame, fenders and tool box. The motor is a 8hp Kohler off a 8hp 4 speed. Belt guard and front axle came off a lawn Ranger. The rear end  I got in a package deal.  The guy said it came off a 1971 workhorse 800. The hood I picked up was in two pieces when I got it. Which works cause I got to extend it 3 1/4 inches. So I won't feel guilty of hacking up a good hood. I got different tires for the front and the rear tires are 25x11-12 atv tires. The weights were just random 55lbs weights I had. So they got painted and dressed with a Wheel Horse decal. I had to move the motor ahead 1 1/2 inches. Then added a belt tensioner. But all is coming together well. It's gonna be my new plow tractor. The engine just got basic attention. She ran good so I left her be. I still got to finish placing some electrical and make a exhaust bracket for support. Basically a few odds and ends left to do. I'll post more pics when I get her all buttoned up. But let me know what ya think. 

IMG_20160719_151356736.jpg

On 10/5/2016 at 3:56 PM, Chris G said:

Why are those axles so Looooong?  And what are those hubs from?

• Like 1

Chris G

I'm not sure why the axles are so long. That's the way the rear end was when I acquired it and the hub's were some odd hubs I had laying around. If I remember correctly they came off of a mid 60s sears suburban 6 speed. 

• Like 4

Chris G

Well a little update for you guys. I got back to working on this Horse again. Got the hood fab done all except the bottom hood bracket. But here's some pics. Also this hood was rotted out on the bottom and split along the front seem and someone put a cut in the hood were it raps up to the fuel tank. So I did not chop up a good hood. Just slightly altered it to fit my needs.

IMG_20170407_173644740.jpg

IMG_20170407_173632997.jpg

IMG_20170407_173654122.jpg

IMG_20170407_173756763.jpg

IMG_20170407_173808746.jpg

IMG_20170407_173819837.jpg

IMG_20170407_173826798.jpg

IMG_20170407_173849706.jpg

• Like 5

JPWH

Nice work. Looking good.

• Like 2

WHX??

Nice work Chris...looks like you take your time on projects like me! :lol:

See here what you started tho.....

20170405_151705.jpg

20170405_151715.jpg

More pics on my 1067 thread once I get off my a$$ and have time to keep making things happen!:lol:

• Like 4

Chris G

That looks awesome, I'd say your doing a good job yourself!

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks Chris... I also saw it on another tractor done in a sort of brushed AL style and thought it set off the whole tractor so thought I'd give it a shot. I am in the process of clear coating it but that might have been a mistake kinda lost it's luster but was afraid of oxidation that happened on some of the HD parts I did like this. What had happened I think is the Missus would run her salted car in the garage right next to polished scoots and just that was enough  to start the uglyness ....stay tuned. 

• Like 3

Chris G

Luckily I'm the only one in and out of my garage. The kids and missus only come out if I'm out there. They all call my garage dads toy box. 

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Nice looking Tractor!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2