RedTomato56

Snow blade clearance

RedTomato56

Just put my snowblade on my 1276 automatic and the front tires rub the blade when blade is at angle, what have I done wrong? also seems like the blade does not lift very high off ground. Thanks for any help.

Walt

Welcome to Red Square. I'm sure more knowledgeable members will chime in and give you the info you needed for adjustment and correct mounting. But it sounds like you may need a frame extension for correct fit on your tractor to keep blade from rubbing tires. 

Ed Kennell

Open this old post for plow frame information.        

And   :text-welcomeconfetti: to:rs:

JC 1965

:WRS:

stevasaurus

Yep, the 1276 is considered a long frame tractor.  If your snow blade has holes about 4 to 6" behind where it is mounted on the trans, move the frame forward...other wise they used to make a kit that extended the frame of the snow blade.  I think you can see the 2 sets of mounting holes in the top left of this picture.

2012_1102B100SNOWBLADE0006.JPG

• Like 2

Walt
7 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Yep, the 1276 is considered a long frame tractor.  If your snow blade has holes about 4 to 6" behind where it is mounted on the trans, move the frame forward...other wise they used to make a kit that extended the frame of the snow blade.  I think you can see the 2 sets of mounting holes in the top left of this picture.

2012_1102B100SNOWBLADE0006.JPG

In this picture I notice just above the bend there is a notch in the lever is that for clearance? If so what part of tractor does it help lever clear?

Sarge

The notch in some of the handle levers was to clear the 3/4" rod for the foot stirrups . Also , with the long frame older style like yours you may have to alter the handle geometry so it's swing arc doesn't run it into the pto on the engine . Short frame blades will mount up , but are going to need the extra 8"-10" of extra length to be able to swing the blade .

Sarge

Tankman

Lacking a frame extension, I once added 4" to a long frame to clear my 520-8 swept axle.

4" long formed 12 ga CRS channels matching the frame dim's. Lengenthed the frame.

12" long formed 12 CRS channels matching the WH frame ID dimensions, stiffened the frame securely.

Added 4" to the 1/2" dia actuator rod to angle the blade as needed.

Bent 1/8" rod for the angle release pin. Simple.

All works well, been in use for several winters.

Frame_Ext_Snow_Plow.png

Edited by Tankman

WVHillbilly520H

Or on the cheap without cutting the frame I added my extension between the blade and the angle head then moved the spring retainer pin to keep it aligned,Jeff.

IMAG2085.jpg

IMAG2086.jpg

IMAG2087.jpg

IMAG2088.jpg

IMAG2092.jpg

• Like 1

RedTomato56

Good idea may do that very thing. thanks.