Aldon

GT14 54 inch blade with down force pressure.

Aldon

Now it won't snow much this year! :laughing-rofl:

Got my 54 inch snow blade installed.

It fit on the GT14 I parted out but I needed to modify the back ends and take off some of the protruding weld build up to get it to seat properly in the attach-a-matic rear bracket.

Also, I had this sitting around for over a year and had thought the bar in pic below went to another implement but got educated out in Indiana this past weekend. Ended up modifying it a bit as well. This allows one to put downward pressure. At least with GT14. Note the slight lift of front end as viewed from the side.

i will need to have a lift handle fabbed up longer term as the side style new muffler is potential issue. Also interferes with PTO and PTO control rod but I have removed until I get around to modifying new blade handle.

IMG_1595.JPGIMG_1594.JPGIMG_1593.JPGIMG_1596.JPG

• Like 3

ztnoo

Geezzz, you're ready for snow, and we're still mowing here.

Looks like what you've come up with there should do the job as far as now goes.

It's not usual for me to have to mow even past Nov. 1 here.

A few degrees latitude differential can make big difference, even here in Hoosierland.

It can be snowing like hell in South Bend and Fort Wayne, while it's sleeting or freezing rain in Indy, and raining in Bloomington.

Meanwhile Louisville may be bone dry.

• Like 2

Jerry77
35 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Now it won't snow much this year!

I'll take that bet..........:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

oldredrider

Aldon, if you flip that handle around so the bend is toward the outside,  you should have no clearance issues.

• Like 2

Aldon
15 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

Geezzz, you're ready for snow, and we're still mowing here.

The luxury I can afford as I have multiple GT14's running great. This kills multiple birds as well as now I don't have to trip over or physically move the blade.

1 minute ago, oldredrider said:

Aldon, if you flip that handle around so the bend is toward the outside,  you should have no clearance issues.

I think your correct and I may do that in next few days. I'll have to drill a hole for the blade pin pulling lever as it is not centered. I initially was going to install it that way but today I was impatient and when I realized that lever bracket would not fit I decided I would do that later. I'll still likely eventually have a handle fabbed up so that I can clear the PTO assembly and leave it in place during winter.

Actually I might have enough clearance for PTO if I flip it and bend it slightly towards the outside. May tackle that in next couple hours.

• Like 2

Aldon

While I still prefer making a new control handle which would bring the handle more rearward, I did as suggested and reversed the handle and with some controlled leverage i.e. bending, it now clears the muffler and PTO assembly. As I had postulated I did need to drill a new hole parallel to the original so I could swing the pin control lever bracket to the reverse side. All in all, it would work this way indefinitely. 

IMG_1598.JPGIMG_1599.JPGIMG_1603.JPGIMG_1604.JPG

• Like 5