clemet

So this followed me home last night

T-Mo

Nice score.  I really like the 417.  Ironically, member Slammer had a 310-8 and a 417-8 for sale at the Mid Mo M&G event a couple of weeks ago.  I fell in love with the 417, but low tractor funds prevented me from even thinking about it.  I really like the maroon stripe Wheel Horses.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Red Devil

Great finds, I'm working on a 310-8 right now

IMG_20160930_213148737.jpg

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

thats why its dangerous reading craigslist. but you got nice stuff....so....keep reading it.

Glenn

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

I like the 417...........OK,I like the 310 too.Both great tractors.Have fun with your new toys.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:               I had always heard that :wh:s were scarcer than hens teeth in Virginia, and here you come making a major score.          :text-bravo:

WVHillbilly520H
7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:               I had always heard that :wh:s were scarcer than hens teeth in Virginia, and here you come making a major score.          :text-bravo:

Depends what part of Virginia I guess, seems like quite a bit around my general area but prices now that's another matter,Jeff.

• Like 1

oldredrider
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I had always heard that :wh:s were scarcer than hens teeth in Virginia, and here you come making a major score.          :text-bravo:

The Horses are plentiful in Va. You just have to know where to look! I have 3 horses for sale now. Actually,  I'm inventory rich with tractors and parts. 

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Depends what part of Virginia I guess, seems like quite a bit around my general area but prices now that's another matter,Jeff.

Jeff nailed this one: prices are a little bit high.

• Like 1

clemet

So after spending most of the day looking things over, and playing with the 417 it has no spark so I really can't tell what kind of shape the motor is in yet.  I have not been able to find any ID tags on it any where.  The tin work is all removed, and either I am missing the piece that had the id decal or it is gone.  The air filter cover says Kohler Series 2 so I am thinking it is a KT17 series 2 based on that alone.  I did see where someone had removed the oil sensor and JB weld the hole for it closed (yay me and having to fix that).  If it is a KT17 series 2 where is the best (cheapest) place to get a rebuild I looked at Pat's Small Engine and don't really want to pay more to rebuild a twin cylinder engine than a 350 Chevrolet I am fine with aftermarket and for that engine of course he only had Kohler.

I also have the electric lift actuator off it, but the motor is shot.  Is there a source for just the motor or am I stuck looking to do something different since there again I don't want to spend around $400 for just a deck lift.  I will put a hydraulic pump on the pto (saginaw power steering pump) and then use a hydraulic cylinder for lift purposes.  Thinking about a loader for it as I said anyhow so that may be the route I go unless I can get an electric motor for a reasonable price.

If it comes down to it I am tempted to rework the Magnum 10 in the 310 and put it in the 417 cause I prefer the overall size of the 417 since it is close to my '73.

Oh and for the guys in VA that are looking I will be selling the 310 at some point.

Edited by clemet

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti:to the forum!  Looks like 2 projects at the same time will keep you busy for a while.  :)