Sign in to follow this  
here 4 the horses

what models did they use this ?

here 4 the horses

i have a round hood tractor and im still trying to figure out wat model it is it has a kohler K-141 what models did they use that motor????? and does anyone know where i could get a rebuild kit for the carb on this motor??...thanks a million jeff

TT

A 633 used the K-141.

If it has a Carter "N" carb, get a kit from your local Kohler dealer.

If it has a Tillotson updraft, you're S.O.L. :hide:

here 4 the horses

i checked local kohler dealer and they told me i was S.O.L....wats a updraft?\

motor**********

CARB

here 4 the horses

BTW ''TT'' yes i was told today it has a updraft if thats what that thing is fromt he block to the carb then yes it has one and is there any way to go around it or another solution???...its a 633 im restoring and this is the only set bac!!..thanks a million jeff

TT

You can install the governor arm, link, and carburetor from an early K-161 (or a K-141 with a Carter model N carburetor) The #22 carb is a bit large for a 141, so stay away from them if you can. (they were used on most K-181's.)

If your 704 has the correct K-161, it will end up being the same as it when you're done.

BTW.... an updraft carb is one that the air draws in through from the bottom and travels up through and out of the top. The Tillotson-equipped 141's on the 633's have a 90 degree intake manifold mounted to the block and the carb "hangs" underneath. (air cleaner assembly is on the very bottom of the carburetor.) These intakes were prone to breakage and some engines were retrofitted with Carter model N's. Later versions seem to have came equipped with Carter N's from the factory.

Here's a link to a few 633 pictures too:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=881

here 4 the horses

hmm..ok ''TT'' thanks so u say when im done putting the 161 carb on it should look like my 704?? thanks jeff

TT

Sort of....

If you put a Carter "N" on the K-141 in your 633, it should look identical to the K-161 in your 704. How's that sound? :hide:

here 4 the horses

yes, that sounds good!.....i was having doubts on this machine but there is hope!..im gonna do some research tomarrow and see if i could pick a new ''N'' up at my kohler shop......thanks for the help....and ill pst pics of this machine as i go with it....as soon as i sign up for photo bucket!......and btw you wouldnt happen to know where there would be a brinly plow for sale? :hide: