Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Off Topic

Rollerman

Anyone here on the site know anything about Ford model A trucks?

Just curious, when I picked up that 702 this week the seller asked if I was interested in a 29 A dump truck.

Shrugged it off at that point...but going to have a look this weekend.

Stephen in northern IN

Sparky

Well if ya think 15 Wheel Horses take up plenty of room in yer yard image what kind of space is reguired to store 15 of those dump trucks :D .

Mike....with no model A knowledge to share

nylyon

Wish I did, my car obsessions start with the 66 Mustang and there are few earlier cars I am familiar with. I used to drive some back roads to work and would pass a perfectly working model T pickup (like the one on the Walton's) and would imagine owning one, that one. Something about the shear simplicity of the machine, without the bells and whistles is enticing to me, but the I need to have functionality as well and the earlier trucks don't compare.

You should take a look and be sure to get plenty of pictures, looking is always fun! Sorry I'm not much help on this, but if you come across an RB Mopar, I'm a wealth of info :D

Rollerman

Mike the number is 18 today + implements...LOL...changes often.

I know nothing about the old iron other than the older I get the more I like it :D

Going to look today at the Model A dumper today, I was told it uses a hand crank to lift the bed & holds about 2 yards over a dually rear axle...just sounds cool!

Stephen in northern IN

Rollerman

0603071337.jpg

Thought I would post a pic of the Model A truck....I think?... :D

nylyon

The way that looks you just need to blow off the dust and take it for a drive. Very nice truck!

Rollerman

It does look very good, hate to get excited about something ...then you see it & you know you allowance isn't gonna cover it :D

Still was interesting for me to see being as I drive a tri axle dump on occasion at work.

Hard to beleive how far things have come in 75/80 years!

Stephen in northern IN...wishin he could have another toy