classicdmax

Found a set of rims, now for tires?

classicdmax

I found a set of 12x8.5 rims on eBay. Plan to sandblast and rattle can them satin black as I think the white/ivory color will stick out too much on a tractor with patina. I'm thinking I can run a 10.5 turf saver and keep that squared shape to the tire as I prefer. Any input on my intended tire size? Also, this set of rims will also be my second set, of which I am now unsure width of wheel currently on tractor(will check tomorrow) question two would be, if it's a diff size (narrower I would guess) which wheel size you be better suited for turf savers vs ag's as I plan to have both at some point when funds allow

pfrederi

Have you checked the backset on the rims.  Rim width is only one factor.  Most WHs used a small back set 1-3/8'  Many other tractors had bigger backset.  May have interference problems if you use 10.5s.

What tractor are you planning on using them on?

classicdmax

Unsure on back spacing....good question and was prob assuming they were a proper fit. I suppose I'll find out when they arrive.

going on a c160

Sparky
27 minutes ago, classicdmax said:

going on a c160

If it's an under the hood fuel tank tractor and I suspect it is, should be fine, but a tractor with the under the rear fender fuel tank may have clearance issues.

Mike.....

• Like 2

classicdmax

Under the hood

its a 73 16h hydro 

classicdmax

I didn't respect the back spacing, the wheels have clearance issues even with no rubber on them. Back spacing is 2-3/4". Needless to say I'll be posting a set of rims for sale here soon.

AMC RULES

Actually, it's pretty easy to change the back spacing on those wheels...

then have 'em rewelded.   :dunno:2015-10-25 001 001.JPG2015-10-25 001 002.JPG2015-10-25 001 006.JPG2015-10-25 001 007.JPG

2015-10-25 001 003.JPG

• Like 2

classicdmax

Good idea, thanks. Another project on my long list of things to do haha