O2B__

Does 37" deck work with 314H

O2B__

This summer I bought a 1997 314H.  The mower deck that was sold with it is a 37" side discharge, #78315.  According to the attachment info I have, this deck was not available for the 314H.  It seems to fit, but after adjusting level, I can only cut short or shorter and not very well at that.  Are the decks that were sold for this machine different because of the hydro lift, or am I missing something?

daveoman1966

Do0 yuou want the grass to be cut longer (taller) ? ? ?  If so, can you replace the 6" deck wheels with 8" wheels....that would give you 1" more cutting height.

I have a set of 8" wheels for this on ebay.....

search this number...  131924489194.   

O2B__

Thanks for the reply, but larger wheels won't help.  I can't engage the highest setting with the wheels I have now.

skrusins

The gauge wheels will raise the height. The deck rest on those wheels.

Don1977

The 37" deck was used on 300 series with 6" front rims and tires that were only 13" tall (13-600-6). If you have 8" front  rims with 16-650-8 tires you will be limited in turning left. Is this the problem you are having?

O2B__

I have 6" front rims.  The deck is too close to the ground.  I can't engage the highest wheel position, and the wheels barely clear the ground when lifted.  According to the attachment listing, the 37" deck was not sold with the 314H.  Is there something different about the attachment of this deck, or some adjustment I'm missing?

dcrage

The 37" SD deck will fit on all 300, 400, 500 series tractors plus C series (not C-195) and B series GARDEN tractors with the afore mentioned caveat of needing smaller 6" front wheel to not have turning issues. 

This is is one of the "trumpeted" features of WH tractors.  Attachments are interchangeable across many years of production. 

Don1977

There is an adjustment on the lift chain the eye bolt and nut. It should be adjusted so the rubber stop touch the bottom of the foot pads when lifted in transport position.

With the deck set in the highest position the deck wheel are only going to clear the ground at about 1/2" in transport position.

O2B__

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'll try adjusting the lift chain and re-adjusting the deck for level.

gwest_ca

The latest operator manual

Garry

O2B__

And thanks for the manual.