RMCIII

It's No Wheel Horse, but it should do.

RMCIII

Completed a deal on a 1986 Ariens GT19. It is slightly less than what I was looking for in the HP range, but the engine had a complete rebuild done 8 years ago, and it had only been used for snow duty those 8 years. So engine should be ok. Comes with 3pt. hitch, 2 stage snow blower, cab and lights, front blade, mower deck and wheel weights. Very good condition and it a 1 owner gt. Comes with the valve holding on the side to operate front and read hydraulics independent. Now I am looking for a 3pt flail mower or a small bush hog. I already was on line, most of what they are selling today for the Cat. 0 says it needs a minimum of 25hp. to operate. Anyone have a flail or small bush hog they are looking to get rid of?

Photos will be coming. 

• Like 2

JC 1965

Great news, When it arrives     :wwp:       :thumbs2:  

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Rob, I was expecting to see a SCUT, not another GT. :)  Ariens marketed some GT models under the Gravely badge so keep an eye open for attachments there as well. Just like the Toro Wheel Horse 5xi-series and NH GT 20-22 series.

One model that comes to mind that is on the same chassis as yours is the Gravely 7173 with a different hood and, of course, Gravely Red paint.

• Like 2

RMCIII

Hey John, I was looking, for a SCUT. Closing costs and additional hiccups are an unknown for a vet. While a vet loan is the best one can get, the repairs and inspections, are killers. That being said, you are correct. I was looking at some gravely attachments that are a direct mount for the GT19. What I am not understanding is the difference in the GT17 to GT19 frame. I have been researching and it seems that a 17 attachment will not fit a 19. I do not have all my facts on this, so go easy on response. I also found out that a GT20 frame is different than a GT19. Ariens are new to me. JD, WH, and Case are all part of my past so I am a little knowledgeable about those GT's/ I have read a lot of great comments on the 19 and 20 as long as you maintain them they are a great GT,. Well, that should factor in, on any GT. I think you get the picture. I will send pics when i can. yes it is a very clean show queen! 

RMC

• Like 1

RMCIII

https://www.facebook.com/rob.cupp.1

I can't post photos, but maybe this will go through. Got the Ariens home today. Some little things I need to give some attention to, but overall, very pleased with it. The 2 stage blower is HUGE for this! Guessing in is at least 2 feet in height where the auger is housed. Maybe a little more. I am guessing the weight of the blower to be over 200lbs easy. I have the manual, but it does not give the weight. Just the need to have a minimum of 125lbs. of weights in the rear. I have 7 manuals overall, just need to start reading now.

Rob

DennisThornton
On 9/29/2016 at 9:24 AM, shallowwatersailor said:

Rob, I was expecting to see a SCUT, not another GT. :)  Ariens marketed some GT models under the Gravely badge so keep an eye open for attachments there as well. Just like the Toro Wheel Horse 5xi-series and NH GT 20-22 series.

One model that comes to mind that is on the same chassis as yours is the Gravely 7173 with a different hood and, of course, Gravely Red paint.

I've never had a Gravely nor Ariens but I've read a LOT about both and never connected the two.  That is very interesting!  Knew about the Toro/NH connection.  

Did you know about the Ariens/NH?  Pretty awesome machines from what I've gathered!

RMCIII
1 minute ago, DennisThornton said:

I've never had a Gravely nor Ariens but I've read a LOT about both and never connected the two.  That is very interesting!  Knew about the Toro/NH connection.  

Did you know about the Ariens/NH?  Pretty awesome machines from what I've gathered!

I did know about the New Holland connection. Pretty neat. So far, not disappointed, with the purchase. Slightly more than what I was looking to pay, but has been owned by just 1 person, until today. I even got the original warranty card with the deal.

DennisThornton

Got to have pictures!  How many PTOs?  Seems front and rear were available.  I got interested in GTs with snowblowers and seems I've seen them with front or rear mounted blowers!  Nice to have "was a one owner"!

RMCIII
2 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Got to have pictures!  How many PTOs?  Seems front and rear were available.  I got interested in GTs with snowblowers and seems I've seen them with front or rear mounted blowers!  Nice to have "was a one owner"!

Can you click on the FB link? Has (2) front and mid, looking to find a rear for it. 3pt. hitch. 250lbs. of wheel weights and another 125lb. 3pt. hitch custom made all steel weight.

DennisThornton

I had already clicked the link but no joy.  Well, no pictures of an Ariens anyway.  Tried it again and still, no...  But I am liking what I'm imagining!  So indeed I was right?  Something to drive the mower deck AND front AND rear?  Awesome!  AND a 3 point!  You are right, it's sure isn't a Wheel Horse!  What drives the mower deck?  

Pictures please!

RMCIII
9 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I had already clicked the link but no joy.  Well, no pictures of an Ariens anyway.  Tried it again and still, no...  But I am liking what I'm imagining!  So indeed I was right?  Something to drive the mower deck AND front AND rear?  Awesome!  AND a 3 point!  You are right, it's sure isn't a Wheel Horse!  What drives the mower deck?  

Pictures please!

Well, trying to delete the photos of my attachments. It seems I have not paid my dues. I have not been on here consistantly. SO I need to do that, but in the mean time, I am only allowed 16MG of data, I am at 68MG. of data. .... 

Deck and blower is pto driven. Also it is a shaft driven transmission. The transmission and rear axle are huge. Disc brakes and power steering. 

DennisThornton

Awesome specs!  Been on my wishlist for about two years but one hasn't come within range!  Got me interested so I went to the current websites of both Gravely and Ariens and it seems that neither even make a GT anyone!

I see a Simplicity and a Toro in your photos but still no Ariens.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Good luck Rob, be nice to see it in the horse flesh, er,,ah,,I mean the Ariens flesh. Best of luck.

Glenn

RMCIII
On 10/14/2016 at 1:46 AM, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Good luck Rob, be nice to see it in the horse flesh, er,,ah,,I mean the Ariens flesh. Best of luck.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Hope you have been well. I do miss the group. Fun stuff especially this time of year with the football thread going. Getting in here when I can. The Ariens is something of a "beast". I run it only 1/2 throttle with the 60" deck and it handles tall thick grass without any issues or bogging of the engine. I realize there is some slippage of a belt driven vs. shaft, but this is something! It has the drive on deck, pretty cool. While the XI series was easy to attach the deck and snow blower. This is "cake" compared to that. Just drive on, attach the front bracket, (almost like the XI front Attach - O - Matic), drop the center lift arms, and slide on the pto shaft. First time I did, it literally took me less than 2 minutes. It took me longer to get the deck from moving while I was trying to drive on it, than attaching it. Fun stuff. Can't wait for winter. Gotta get my membership dues paid so I can post some serious snow blowing videos. Manual says 40' plus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be FUN!

• Like 1