Wheel-N-It

John Robert had a bath

wallfish

Looks better than my 416

• Like 3

ACman
44 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

John Robert is my go to Wheel Horse when some out of the ordinary heavy duty mowing has to be done. 

Looks like a well maintained worker whose earned its keep  . They way our grass has been growing lately it's every 3 days :chores-mowlawn:  :wacko: !

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Van, keep him away from my dirty girl, less he come with flowers and a ring in hand. We need good intentions and no hanky Panky. LOL

Glenn

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:scratchead:John Robert???

• Like 3

squonk
31 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:scratchead:John Robert???

Kennedy Reference? :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Jonny Bob.........I thought it was Billy Bob ?

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

Very nice machine indeed Van. John Robert cleans up real well.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
4 hours ago, squonk said:

Kennedy Reference? :confusion-confused:

No Mike, no reference to the Kennedy's. The original owner was John Robert Horne. He owned and took good care of it until age and poor health made it so he could not take care of the tractor any more. After five years of it sitting in the barn I very fortunate enough to become the new owner of the tractor, mowing deck, and push blade. I promised Mr. Horne that the 416-8 would live with me as long as he was alive so that he would always know where it was at and and was being cared for. So far I have been true to my word and Mr Horne is about 80 years old now and every time I see him he ask about that tractor. With a big smile on my face I tell him its sitting in my pole barn gassed up and ready for him to put it to work. So anyway, I named the tractor John Robert, and there the story of how it got the name.:handgestures-thumbupright:

6 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:
6 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Van, keep him away from my dirty girl, less he come with flowers and a ring in hand. We need good intentions and no hanky Panky. LOL

Glenn

Partner, I wish those two could make some little Wheel Horse babies! We'd be in the Wheel Horse manufacturing business for sure :lol:

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
30 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

No Mike, no reference to the Kennedy's. The original owner was John Robert Horne. He owned and took good care of it until age and poor health made it so he could not take care of the tractor any more. After five years of it sitting in the barn I very fortunate enough to become the new owner of the tractor, mowing deck, and push blade. I promised Mr. Horne that the 416-8 would live with me as long as he was alive so that he would always know where it was at and and was being cared for. So far I have been true to my word and Mr Horne is about 80 years old now and every time I see him he ask about that tractor. With a big smile on my face I tell him its sitting in my pole barn gassed up and ready for him to put it to work. So anyway, I named the tractor John Robert, and there the story of how it got the name.:handgestures-thumbupright:

Partner, I wish those two could make some little Wheel Horse babies! We'd be in the Wheel Horse manufacturing business for sure :lol:

We could call the first one Vanhawg, almost sounds like german royalty......:D

Glenn

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Did anyone notice the Cub Cadet wheels up front?

• Like 1

JC 1965

Great lookin tractor Van and great story also. Thanks for sharing.    :thumbs2:

• Like 1