Tonyp

New addition to our Wheel Horse family today C-81

Racinbob

NICE!! You got a great deal on that. The tiller looks barely used. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

ACman

Nice score there :handgestures-thumbupright: ! Looks to be an clean original low hour machine . Can you get a pic of the dealer sticker ? It may not be listed on the dealer list thread .

TDF5G

She looks mighty fine!  You did well.

:text-bravo:

• Like 1

DougC

It pays to keep your eye's open! Great find and fast action on your part.     Congratulations. Nice :wh:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Very nice score.

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, Tonyp said:

I'm not exactly sure what to do with it !

Put it to work!!

Nice find and good price :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

c-series don

Racinbob is correct that tiller looks like it's never seen dirt. That by itself is worth 350. Great score! 

• Like 1

Tonyp
6 hours ago, ACman said:

Nice score there :handgestures-thumbupright: ! Looks to be an clean original low hour machine . Can you get a pic of the dealer sticker ? It may not be listed on the dealer list thread .

yes, the machine overall doesn't look used or abused. However, the Kohler 8 had to be rebuilt, the original owner somehow allowed it to run low on oil.  The gentleman I bought it from has a full repair shop  and he rebuilt the motor. It runs very strong and smooth. I am told it may have 20  hours on  the rebuild. He even reminded me to check the torque on the head bolts  again in another 20 hours or so. Very knowledgeable guy.  

It also came with all the original manuals from the initial purchase. 

Original purchase made in Mi, Warren Barber Inc, the dealer tag is still on the machine. It appears the original owner brought  it to NC  around 1989 from paperwork that came with the Tractor.

IMG_8221.JPG

Edited by Tonyp
  • Like 3

953 nut

:bow-blue:             You done gooooood!                  :text-coolphotos:

Tonyp

So as my wife and I were sitting , talking, having a cup of coffee out in the driveway this morning,  as we do every morning, we looked over at the C-81 parked next to the  315-8....

she says," what  are you gonna do with it, we now have 3 tractors , are you just gonna look at it " ?

I thought about it for a few seconds and said...

"YES". 

IMG_8222.JPG

Edited by Tonyp
  • Like 8

doc724

1 hour ago, Tonyp said:

So as my wife and I were sitting , talking, having a cup of coffee out in the driveway this morning,  as we do every morning, we looked over at the C-81 parked next to the  315-8....

she says," what  are you gonna do with it, we now have 3 tractors , are you just gonna look at it " ?

"YES". 

Just wait until your bring home number 4 or (gulp) number 5!

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I had a similar conversation with my wife. But my road had a few bumps in it, maybe cause I am pushing for number 6. :angry-argument:

Glenn

• Like 1

midpack
4 hours ago, Tonyp said:

"YES". 

I told my wife I was too old to keep changing attachments...  ;) so i have one with a snowblower, one for the plow, one with a leaf collector wagon hooked to it, and of course one to mow the lawn!

Plus my 59 Panzer just because it's so cool :)

• Like 2

WHX??
8 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

had a few bumps in it

You mean your noggin will have a few bumps ya bring home #6!! :ychain:

• Like 2

DennisThornton

One tractor per attachment!  Usually a tractor can only run one attachment at a time so you might have a tractor with a mower, a tractor with a tiller and a tractor with something else but that does NOT count as 3 tractors!  Count as 1 tiller, 1 mower and 1 something else!  That's three distinct tools!  Serving entirely different uses!  Not 3 tractors!  Maybe that will help some?

On a side note.  I have a C-81 and a C-85 and I love both!  I also have a tiller.  I've never thought about using it on a 8hp.  I know I've read about a 8hp tiller  (see, not a tractor with a tiller!)  but is 8hp really enough?  I got other tractors to use...

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 5

c-series don

Dennis, as per our last conversation on snow removal you know you and I think alike. One tractor per attachment. This will help you win the argument for a while. One of the last things the bride said was " OK I get not changing attachments but 15 tractors? This is rediculous" The problem here is I have a few more attachments with no tractor to put them on ! Predicaments.........

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Currently here, at :wh: #28...

the Mrs Rules has finally learned...

to just stop asking.     :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 2

DennisThornton
55 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Dennis, as per our last conversation on snow removal you know you and I think alike. One tractor per attachment. This will help you win the argument for a while. One of the last things the bride said was " OK I get not changing attachments but 15 tractors? This is rediculous" The problem here is I have a few more attachments with no tractor to put them on ! Predicaments.........

Absolutely!  And seriously, especially in the winter!  Who wants to change from blower to blade for each snow fall?  Or mower to tiller for each time the garden or lawn needs attention!  Indeed, when the tractors were new it would have been cost prohibitive to buy a tractor for each attachment but with today's bargains on good reliable WHs it just makes sense if one can possibly swing it to pay as little as $200 for another tractor to have a complete functional tool with no swapping!  Or price a new powerhouse walk behind snowblower and compare it to a nice 520H with a tall chute that will dramatically outperform it!  The Mrs. will understand the walk behind, as long as one doesn't have several, but have a few tractors and we get accused!

50 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Currently here, at :wh: #28...

the Mrs Rules has finally learned...

to just stop asking.     :greetings-wavingyellow:

I think mine has pretty much given up but I also try some other tactics.

I bought a 522XI while she was out of town.  Second XI so it shouldn't look that much different to her.  I never mentioned it all and she didn't say a word either.  So I got away with that one!  Then, months later she said "Oh by the way!  I know you brought home another "tractor!"!  Crap!  I really thought I had gotten away with that!  

Pretty sure she still hasn't noticed the two Sears Suburbans I trucked home the next time she was gone!  Last time she was gone I brought home a 264H but I told her about it.  Not a word yet!  I think I'm wearing her down...

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 2

Tonyp

evidently I need a few more attachments  !.

So the other night I was out and about and I saw yet another C-81 sitting in front of an old store. I told my wife about it and said I may call. She said what, another ? really, you are going to call ?

I said, well, probably not but I probably will , I'll let you know.

I have not called yet but will on Monday !  Ya just never know 

• Like 2

c-series don

C'mon ya know ya gotta call ! 

• Like 1