JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

lucky dog you.

Glenn

• Like 1

hcminis

Nice score

• Like 1

whfan74

Even has the tool box..........nice machine!

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

Thank you. Yeah I was surprised it wasn't missing. Just need a square pan seat, this one is really bad. 

• Like 1

Shynon

Nice I like it:handgestures-thumbupright:, does it have the updraft carb on it?

• Like 1

WHX??

Real nice score :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

elliot ness

Nice. :text-bravo:

AlwaysLookin80
2 hours ago, Shynon said:

Nice I like it:handgestures-thumbupright:, does it have the updraft carb on it?

Thanks everyone, no just the regular carter style. Has the wrong air filter assy too but luckily I have a spare laying around for that. Only problem is the gas tank leaks a little. I need to reseal it. 

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Nice score!!

AlwaysLookin80

Better pictures.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

JC 1965

Those are some great little tractors. Your's looks great, nice score. thanks for sharing.    :thumbs2:

AlwaysLookin80

The tank seems to be leaking on the bottom, looks like a bolt on plate. Can anyone point me in the right direction in what type of sealant to use to seal it up? 

rj35hunter
28 minutes ago, J.A. said:

The tank seems to be leaking on the bottom, looks like a bolt on plate. Can anyone point me in the right direction in what type of sealant to use to seal it up? 

Ron Greco sells the gaskets and has them on EBay....clean both sides good and use a thin layer of that gas proof sealer on both sides....tighten and let dry good before putting gas in it. I've done this once and it worked good.

• Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

Great thank you for the info. 

AlwaysLookin80

Cleaned up the dash panel and 633 sticker this morning. Also steel wooled the gas cap to shine it up again.  Applied new square stickers on the hood and white lettered the wheel horse script. I'm gonna wash it up and oil rub it and it will be left a survivor. Also looking for a wheel cap like in the picture, ones missing. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 3

bmsgaffer
2 hours ago, rj35hunter said:

Ron Greco sells the gaskets and has them on EBay....clean both sides good and use a thin layer of that gas proof sealer on both sides....tighten and let dry good before putting gas in it. I've done this once and it worked good.

I was under the impression that these were to be installed without sealer? I could be wrong.

WHX??

Are you talking the front wheel hub or the steering wheel cap??  Either way see Glen Petit in the vendors section, I know for sure he has a nice selection for wheel hubs. Never mind JA I see the one missing... yes go see Glen he'll fix you right up!

Edited by WHX8

AlwaysLookin80

I may just buy 2 new ones now. I didn't know they were reproduced. 

Wheel-N-It

There a nice one. !

Help me learn about the numbering system. Does 633 stand for 6hp 3speed year 1963?

AlwaysLookin80
11 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

There a nice one. !

Help me learn about the numbering system. Does 633 stand for 6hp 3speed year 1963?

633- 

the first two numbers 63 stand for 6.25 HP engine and the last number, 3 , is the year number - 1963. 

• Like 1

bmsgaffer
18 minutes ago, J.A. said:

633- 

the first two numbers 63 stand for 6.25 HP engine and the last number, 3 , is the year number - 1963. 

I dont think that the middle number has ever been truly nailed down. Its one of those numbers that was a "general suggestion" but was clearly abused many times. The first number was always HP and the last number was always last digit of the year if I recall correctly...

Middle number uses:

x0x usually meant pull start, except for the 701 and maybe 702?,

x5x usually meant electric start,

x6x usually meant electric start 6 speed,

x7x usually meant hydrostatic

x3x was used this year only when they were using a Kohler 6hp instead of a Tecky and already had a 603 and a 653. 

But of course, as with all things wheel horse, there are always exceptions to the perceived rules. :doh: :D

Oh and dont forget the x4x (1045) was another number grabbed for a slightly different model created to use up the old round fender parts...

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 1

WHX??

Brandon nailed it

10 minutes ago, bmsgaffer said:

that was a "general suggestion" but was clearly abused many times

1067 = 10 hp, 6 speeds, 1967 no wait shouldn't that have been 10567 (electric start 6 speed)???

1257 = 12 hp, (5) electric start, 1967... no wait shouldn't that have been 12537 (elect start 3 speed)???   :confusion-confused::confusion-seeingstars::confusion-shrug::confusion-questionmarks:  :lol:

We ever figure it out you'll be the first to know Van!

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

Ok so  bmsgaffer is right.....

603 is pull start Techumseh 

633 is pull start Kohler  

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It
7 hours ago, WHX8 said:

Brandon nailed it

1067 = 10 hp, 6 speeds, 1967 no wait shouldn't that have been 10567 (electric start 6 speed)???

1257 = 12 hp, (5) electric start, 1967... no wait shouldn't that have been 12537 (elect start 3 speed)???   :confusion-confused::confusion-seeingstars::confusion-shrug::confusion-questionmarks:  :lol:

We ever figure it out you'll be the first to know Van!

LOL you guy be easy on me. Most of you know under all this gray hair I have alot of blonde roots ! :lol:

• Like 5