rexman72

Plow blade on bucket loader

rexman72

I am thinking about putting a plow on my bucket loader to plow snow in the winter.Has anyone else done this.I want to weld some steel to the blade and weld angle iron so the bucket hooks onto the angle iron and take a chain and hook to the top of the blade to the bucket.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, rexman72 said:

I am thinking about putting a plow on my bucket loader to plow snow in the winter.Has anyone else done this.I want to weld some steel to the blade and weld angle iron so the bucket hooks onto the angle iron and take a chain and hook to the top of the blade to the bucket.

I thought about it, but without a way to angle it, I'm not sure how well it would work.

• Like 1

wallfish

Built a blade to replace the bucket and connected it to the arms of the loader. Works nice using the float position and could raise it up high to push off the tops of the big piles. Worked good for back dragging in tight areas too. Haven't used it for few years because I prefer zipping around on a little 654 for plowing snow and now use a big 2 stage for blowing.

Also used to use a single stage on the FEL tractor too and used the loader to lift it.

• Like 4

squonk

For my 9000th, here's a pic of a Power King loader arm/ blade set up. May give you ideas:

pk bl.jpg

• Like 7

KC9KAS

When I got my D-200 it had a loader (not mounted) and a push blade that mounted where the bucket mounted....It does not angle, but a plate could be mounted on the loader frame with an apparatus for angling the blade.

• Like 2

rexman72

ok so i am getting that it can be done but i need to make it so the blade angles which i guess i didnt think of that.I have a 56 inch blade that i can use and cut the subframe on the blade and give it enough room so i can make it angle.

Edited by rexman72

953 nut
3 hours ago, squonk said:

9000th

:woohoo:                   :occasion-partyblower:                           :banana-blonde:                                 :banana-dreads:                                         :bow-blue:

• Like 2

wallfish

Mine resembled the pic Mike posted minus the hydraulics to turn it which is a real nice convenience. It used the loader rams to tilt it up and down but I had to manually angle it. Used a rope to the pin for releasing it and just drove the blade edge into something to angle it from the seat. Sometimes I just had to get my lazy butt off the seat to do it by hand too.

Best to keep it as tight to the arms as possible. The farther out it is, the worse the turning radius because you need more room plus the tractor's path gets out of the blade path in tighter turns. Doesn't matter as much if you can just plow in straight lines.

rexman72
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

Mine resembled the pic Mike posted minus the hydraulics to turn it which is a real nice convenience. It used the loader rams to tilt it up and down but I had to manually angle it. Used a rope to the pin for releasing it and just drove the blade edge into something to angle it from the seat. Sometimes I just had to get my lazy butt off the seat to do it by hand too.

Best to keep it as tight to the arms as possible. The farther out it is, the worse the turning radius because you need more room plus the tractor's path gets out of the blade path in tighter turns. Doesn't matter as much if you can just plow in straight lines.

ok great thought on the length of the plow to the arms or bucket.

• Like 1