Sign in to follow this  
russellmc301

551 value

russellmc301

hello, 

i found a 551 for sale and was wondering what the value would be of it would be, would the fenders be the same as the ones on my 400? 

1 .

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

Yes fenders are the same. The tractor in the picture without the engine is worth about 200.00 in my opinion as long as the trans is good. 

• Like 3

wallfish

Like JA said, fenders are the same. They are installed backwards which makes them look like that.

Lots of good parts on there and a good project tractor to start with on it's own.

• Like 1

russellmc301

so 200 is the highest i should pay?

Ken B
1 minute ago, russellmc301 said:

so 200 is the highest i should pay?

No. It would come down to what you are willing to pay. I have seen rollers go for anywhere between 150-300 bucks, sometimes more depending on condition. What condition are the tires and rims in? They look okay in the pics... Front rims are usually shot on RJ's and Suburbans so if they are in good shape (front rims look correct as do the front tires) you are ahead of the game there. Make sure the tranny shifts good thru the gears... Other than the white stripes (which will probably come off)  the patina looks pretty nice, I'd just add decals if it were me. Ask him if he has the belt guard and muffler shield, who knows, he might...

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

I would start at 150 and top out at 200.