WHX??

1257 Find

WHX??

Picked up a bottle of this on @T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.'s advice along with some new bat cables. Truth be told I have never been a big fan of additives. I figure if it's so good then they would put it in the oil/gas from the git go but what the heck try anything once...twice if I like it! Give her a shot after a few low hr oil changes.

20160928_170118[1].jpg

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Jim I use it in every thing uses gas except 2 stroke. Even in the  S.U.V. You are well on your way.

Achto
3 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

I use it in every thing uses gas except 2 stroke. Even in the  S.U.V

:text-yeahthat:With todays newer cars using 5w20 oil, a cup of Lucas with each oil change helps to reduce dry start ups. Remember "starting your engine is a terrible thing to do", the longer an engine sits the less oil there is on the moving parts at start up. Lucas helps oil cling to parts with out creating sludge in the engine.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

achto   Well said. It even stops leaks in engines before they get worst. No drips on the floor.

• Like 1

Ken B
On 9/28/2016 at 11:10 AM, achto said:

Do you have a tractor with ags on that you could swap wheels with for the day? Or a set of chains would also help in a pinch.

If you don't have Ag tires and are planning or hoping to run it in the dirt then throw a set of chains on it. I think you will be quite surprised in how well it will do with chains on it in the dirt...

PeacemakerJack
On September 26, 2016 at 9:48 AM, WHX8 said:

@PeacemakerJack

Jack you wanna tell them about the show 1077 that got away this weekend or should I?? :hide:

First of all, let me say that this was a great score Jim! I think you acquired a great machine and echo the sentiments of the guys above.  I really look forward to turning soil with you on that dude!

Now whats eats the deal bringing up the deal for me that just wasn't meant to be?:blink:. So, there was a 1077 for sale for about two months locally that looked from the pics to be in great original shape...

image.jpeg

it was $350 or offers. It sold last weekend and I was bummed but my truck has been laid up with a bad tranny for over 2 months:deadhorse:

(thats me having conversations with the tranny shop guys! Yes it's been an adventure.)

so, this one passed me up and I'll always remember it.  

On September 28, 2016 at 4:41 PM, WHX8 said:

Nope no ags for me Dan ...yet...other than the little guys on the RJ.... heck I wouldn't be afraid to try it with these tires & weights, might just surprise us in this sandy stuff?!?!?

Jim, I have an extra set of 23x8.50-12's with fluid in them for plowing on Calebs 125. We will pull them off for your plow day and you can use them for your big day!  I've acquired multiple sets over the years and I'm looking to get a couple more!  You'll be good to go with that beast! For the WHX8 PD I!  

• Like 2

WHX??
52 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

truck has been laid up with a bad tranny for over 2 months

Sorry Jack...no excuse:angry-nono: ...I got spare trucks & trailers you coulda used  ...heck a true horse thieve:ph34r: woulda used the wife's minivan!!  I bet a guy coulda had it for 200 to boot and that B-80 the 1077 had for a sister wasn't too shabby either! Worst part about it it looks to be unmolested & clean! if I wouldn't had to go wrangle this 1257 I woulda went  for it.   My bad for not having the Milwaukee CL :wh: search in place or I would have seen it earlier. Well so much for the coulda/wouldas... lesson learned ...we'll get em next time.

Sure bring those tires, I don't know if they fit as I was eyeballin it up for ags last nite and there is only an inch or so to the fender so it's gonna be tight but we can try anyway. These 50 yo turf  tires are in such good shape they just might work.   @achto is making this show plow hitch. :bow-blue: Got the proper battery & good cables in her last nite.

Was texting with Dan & telling him now it wouldn't start with out hand feeding it ala @Ed Kennell. Wife comes out in the shop and says ya sure there's gas in it?? :text-imwithstupid: I thought there was quite abit when last looked! :scratchead: Don't tell me you guys have never done this.. here I was already :techie-ebay:looking for a carb but it runs much better with gas in the tank now!

IMG_20160929_201116325[1].jpg

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack
15 hours ago, WHX8 said:

Wife comes out in the shop and says ya sure there's gas in it?? :text-imwithstupid: I thought there was quite abit when last looked! :scratchead: Don't tell me you guys have never done this.. here I was already :techie-ebay:looking for a carb but it runs much better with gas in the tank now!

😂😂😂

Jim, it is hard to describe the emotions felt at a time like that--relief that it wasn't something serious but embarrassment that it was something so simple! Been there and done that.

• Like 1

Aldon

This has happened to me all too often. One of my weaknesses. That and tow valves on Hydros. Doh!!!!!

• Like 3

squonk

How about not turning the fuel valve on or not plugging the fuel pump in on my C-160. 2 of my favorites! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
30 minutes ago, squonk said:

How about not turning the fuel valve on.

Ya that's me Mike forgetting to turning on the fuel valve from sitting for a while.

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Ya that's me Mike forgetting to turning on the fuel valve from sitting for a while.

I must have checked that valve a dozen times! 

• Like 2