maxiblue

tractor show I was at 9/23, 9/24

maxiblue

Took my wheel horse to my local tractor show for 2 days out of 3. found the first day found one wheel horse a RJ was there for a couple hours and was gone. The next day I was there I was the best wheel horse at the show, that because there were no other wheel horses at the show. I guess I will not go to another show with my wheel horse, I will get another brand of tractor and take that. Kind of disappointing.

19richie66

In a way it would be cool to have the only one there, for me anyways. I understand how you feel though. Wouldnt be anyone to talk wheelhorse with. Sorry you were disappointed.

AMC RULES

Name of the show you attended Maxi?  :scratchead:

wallfish

Go to the Zagray Farm show in Colchester CT next Sat. Always plenty of WH there and easily one of the best shows around.

Not sure why you'd want to bring a tractor everyone else has to a show anyway but I guess you could bring a Craftsman since they sell a lot of those.:hide:

• Like 1

Achto

I like to have the only one of a brand at a show. Been to many shows where I've had the only Gibson, or Leader there. You might want to see if you can find your :wh: a companion to tag along to the shows. RJ's or Suburbans don't take up much room on the trailer.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Yeah, get another Wheel Horse and there would be 2 at the show!

• Like 2

squonk
10 hours ago, maxiblue said:

Took my wheel horse to my local tractor show for 2 days out of 3. found the first day found one wheel horse a RJ was there for a couple hours and was gone. The next day I was there I was the best wheel horse at the show, that because there were no other wheel horses at the show. I guess I will not go to another show with my wheel horse, I will get another brand of tractor and take that. Kind of disappointing.

:disgust: 

maxiblue

I really was hoping to meet some people from this Red Square site but no one was there, only one stopped by. Support for wheel horse was lacking I should had a cub cadet lots of support for them. I felt like the Maytag repairman all a lone :ROTF:

T-Mo

You will find that tractor guys, especially garden tractor guys, have an interest for any color, any brand of garden tractor.  I like seeing other brands and do a quick comparison of the different designs, different approaches the manufacturers do to engineer the same thing on each tractor, etc.  You will learn a lot and also teach others, who, as I said, do have a large interest in other brands.  What you will find also, that if a Cub Cadet guy, for instance, sees your Wheel Horse at a show, he may decide he wants one and then next year, there will be two Wheel Horses at that same show.

Don't get discourage, go and mingle, and learn and teach, and observe, and compare.

• Like 2

wallfish

Were you at the Kent show?

I was there quite a few years ago and a few other members used to attend. Had to be around 10 members one year. The show was excellent back then but now my understanding is they don't let people drive around on their tractors any more. That parking lot is FAAAAR AWAY down the hill and the grounds are big so not being allowed to drive a tractor around is why I'll never go again. Guess others feel the same way. Too bad because that was one of the better shows around but not worth the 2 1/2 hour drive now. Maybe not worth a 20 minute drive either because a couple members live close by to it.

Was it busy over there with lots of displays? That entire field was full of stuff back then.

maxiblue

Yes it was full and a lot of people I'm half hour from there, they had buses from the parking to the show grounds. Colechester is 2 1/2 hours for  me so I don't go there, getting too old to do a lot of driving

SALTYWRIGHT

I WENT TO KENT FOR OVER 10 YEARS, BUT NO MORE. IT IS NOT THE SAME.  I GO TO 6 TO 9 SHOWS A YEAR STILL (I AM 87) I WILL BE AT ZAGWAY BECAUSE IT IS A VERY GOOD SHOW. IT IS WORTH THE TRIP.        RUSS

19richie66

Oh and to add to my first post, at least you have shows to choose from. I have one show a year unless I drive to another state. That and I have too many chores right now to do  :scared-eek:

Edited by 19richie66

wallfish
1 hour ago, maxiblue said:

Colechester is 2 1/2 hours for  me so I don't go there, getting too old to do a lot of driving

Less than 1 1/2 hours from Torrington center according to Mapquest.

You should definitely try and come to Zagray this weekend if possible so we can restore your faith in bringing your WH to a show! I'll have a canopy or two and some chairs so you're more than welcome to display your horse and hangout with us all day! The more the merrier.

The fall show is usually the biggest of the year but as always, weather plays a big roll. If you've never been there, it's worth checking out at least once. Lots of permanent displays that are always there plus it's about the last chance of the year for everyone show off their stuff before winter and there's a big vendor area too.

Richie should take a ride up from Florida too!

zagray.jpg

Edited by wallfish

19richie66

Would love to John, just isn't in the cards right now. It's all I can do to make the big show next year. But I am making plans for that. Good Lord willing, I will be there.