6wheeler

Groundsmaster help needed

6wheeler

Hi all. Picked up another new to me toy yesterday. It is a Groundsmaster 72. I don't know how old it is as th P.O. brush painted it and covered up the serial and model tag. Or, maybe I just can't find it. Any way, the engine is a Continental Model 839-46. Can anyone get some info off ot this? It runs ok but seems to be running very rich. When I pulled the air cleaner tube off, I can see it is just dumping gas in. Perhaps a new carb is in order. I also picked up a C-160 automatic with it. They are both sharing shop time and seem to be getting along. So Far......... Thanks for any help with this.

953 nut

:wwp:

gwest_ca

Somewhere to start using model numbers 30720 and 30725. The serial number identifies the year. There should be a lot of info available when you identify what you have. Even a manual for the wrong one may show where the ID info is on the unit.

Try them here and see if it looks familiar

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Let us know.

Garry

• Like 1

RubyCon1
5 hours ago, 6wheeler said:

I can see it is just dumping gas in

Start by inspecting the float level and float seat area for crud

any issues in these areas would prevent the float pintle from closing off gas flow thru the carb bowl and directly into the carb throat

6wheeler

Sorry Mods. I thought Toro equipment  went in there too:text-imsorry:. But at least I got the C-160 right:greetings-clappingyellow:. Thanks Garry, I found the model plate under the seat on the front mount. I think they were trying to hide it. Turns out it is a 1978. 953nut I will try to get some pics of the whole bunch. I have to say though, this thing is a crazy thing to operate :auto-swerve:. Getting used to that offset deck is tough. I moved a few items with the right side. OOPS :bitch:Sorry Honey.

• Like 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, 6wheeler said:

I have to say though, this thing is a crazy thing to operate

Same as driving a forklift!     :handgestures-thumbupright: