scorpion red horse 66

C-195

scorpion red horse 66

The C-195 i found the guy wants a $1000 with 48 inch deck, tiller and belly blade, rear fenders are broke, seat is very bad, tractor needs a lot of TLC. Is he in the ball park on the price.

SylvanLakeWH

Smarter folks than I will comment, but they are gonna want pics!

elliot ness

If it is at all runnable, for sure it's worth 1000.00, with a tiller it has to have a rear 3-point and a rear PTO and both of those options are very rare for the C-195. The C-195 is very rare by itself, some where just over 500 were made.

• Like 1

SPINJIM

One here in PA sold last year for $700, and was in better condition than the one you describe.   $1000 sounds high unless it's in great condition.  Depends a great deal on the engine.   That engine was a first series  K19T, and had the problems with oil circulation, especially if used to hilly properties.   The rear fender is almost always cracked, and most owners replace it with a steel fender.   Is it a Super C-195 with the larger diameter (26" ?) rear wheels?     Does it have 3-point rear hitch?     Pictures would help.   It's a neat, collectible tractor if it runs well.

Good luck, Jim

DennisThornton

To me, there are four ways to price Wheel Horses.  

1st: How does it compare to something new today?  (Most all Wheel Horses offered win that comparison!  Not a lot to compare too and then they might be $10,000)

2nd:  How does it compare to something used today?  (Many Wheel Horses offered win that comparison!  Such a devout following and source of both new and used parts!)

3rd:  How does it compare to other Wheel Horses?  That's where the rubber meets the road and it gets tougher.  But you've come to the right place!

4th:  How does it compare to the same model?  Pretty hard for some where there are so few to compare to!

Overall I think most ALL Wheel Horses are bargains if you are looking for a working machine and value what they can do.  And I think that most could be parted out and get more than they cost.  Got to price your time in there as well but you'll also meet other Wheel Horse enthusiasts which can't be all that bad!

I've only seen one C-195 first hand.  

I add up the attachment values and subtract from the asking total then ask myself if the tractor is worth the remaining price.  Depending on condition that C-195 could have over $600 in attachments not counting the 3 point hitch!  Yeah, someday you might do better, but if the engine and trans are solid I don't see how you are going to get hurt.

Now if it's all rusted, no paint, cracked tires, worn out attachments, barely starts and won't drive then all beats are off!

Oh!  You'll get more for your efforts here if you post pictures!  

• Like 1

T-Mo

One thing is, they will always be worth more to you than to others, unless it's on their wish list.  Values will always go up and down as the market is always changing, so what something is worth now isn't necessary what it was worth a year ago or what it will be worth next year.  Condition, location, time of year will always be a factor.  Bottom line, it depends on how much the seller wants to sell and how much the buyer wants it.  If you want it, then you won't mind if you over paid a little.  If you have to ask what it's worth, then more than likely, if you think it's too much, then you probably should pass on it.  If you think you can flip it and make a profit, again the market is for ever changing depending on what's hot and what's not.

• Like 1

pacer

"Now if it's all rusted, no paint, cracked tires, worn out attachments, barely starts and won't drive then all beats are off!

Oh!  You'll get more for your efforts here if you post pictures!" 

These 2 sentences from Dennis pretty well covers most any horse buy....

scorpion red horse 66

It does not have the 3 point hitch, he runs it off a belt, The guy has health problems so i  did not want to bother him to much when i was there, at the time he said it was not for sale, so i left my card to him and left , week later he calls wanting to sell it

Aldon

Ditto to what @elliot ness said.

If it has 3 point, and a rear PTO the parts for those alone would sell for almost the asking price of the Tractor. As they are rare, demand is cyclical and to make that money, it may take a little longer to find the right buyer.

Note that a tiller does not necessarily garantee it's the correct tiller so it may not have 3 point and PTO. 

Pics would allow us to confirm for you.

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 2