Dball

What size electric fuel pump 4 520h

Dball

What size electric fuel pump is best for a 520h any particular kind to go with an any data on wiring it up ect thank u guy .

953 nut

You will want a 2 to 4 PSI electric pump, connect it to the yellow wire going to your ignition module so it will turn off with the engine and be sure to put a fuse in the line.

Marv

This one should work just fine for you: Facet FEP04SV.

Marvin

Dball

Which would be better the 2psi or the 4 does a vender on this sight sell fuel pumps or anything if so I'd rather order from here but if not any on have a particular preference on were to order.marv is that a part number to one if so what Web site is it on thank you all 

JC 1965

2 to 4 psi is one pump. The psi rating on the pump is from 2 to 4 psi.  Hope i  didn't confuse you with that. Each pump has a different rating. You can purchase these pumps at most auto parts stores. I Have electric fuel pumps on 3 tractors and they work great. I got mine on ebay.     :thumbs2:

Kurt-NEPA

I used an Airtex E8016S Electric Fuel Pump on each of my 520H's.  I got them from Amazon (best price I could find).  This is a low pressure pump.  I recommend hooking this pump up with a relay so you don't pull too much current through the ignition switch.

This pump has been one of the best things I've done on my 520H.  Both now started instantly.  Before, I would have to crank until the original pump would fill the carb bowl.  If the tractor had been siting for a month or so, it took forever.

• Like 1

953 nut
43 minutes ago, Dball said:

That pump is much bigger than you need; it is a transfer pump from one tank to another. Like JC told you, any auto parts store can sell you a "Low Pressure" fuel pump.

JC 1965
2 hours ago, Dball said:

This pump is too big, ( too much psi ) will be too strong for the carb inlet needle, Will probably cause gas to leak from carb. Because the inlet needle won't be able to close when carb bowl is full. I would recommend nothing stronger than 2 to 4 psi. Hope this helps. 

Dball

Well guys I picked up an airtex fuel pump what's the best location to mount the pump and does any one have instalation/wiring photos thanks again guys and cat wait to see the difference that everyone says it makes 

Kurt-NEPA

The Airtex pump is what I have on my 520H.  I mounted it next to and below the gas tank.  If you put it there, you will loose the rear lift.

Electric Fuel Pump.jpg

The pump should be mounted below the gas tank so that it primes easily, and pointed slightly upward.  Make sure to bypass the original fuel pump with the fuel line.  I powered my pump using a relay that is fired by the unused terminal on the ignition switch - I think it was the "R" terminal.  The terminal is "on" when the ignition is on.  When I start  the tractor, I turn on the ignition, you can hear the pump start.  I wait to hear the pump labor a bit, that means the bowl is full it take less than 3 seconds.  Then the tractor starts right up. 

Here is a picture of my relay.

Fuel Pump Relay.jpg

The fuel pump.relay is on the bottom right with the blue yellow and red wires.  This relay is a common A/C relay.  Note the yellow wire on the battery post, that is the power tap for the pump - running though the fuse on the left.  Let me know if you need a wiring diagram and I'll sketch one up.

• Like 1

Dball

That would be great if u could do a sketck Kurt I would like to also add a switch incase I ever need to have the ignition on for any reason so I am able to shut the fuel pump off thank you for the pics as they help alot I will probably have to mount where the old fuel pump was I got my fuel pump from amazon the one u recommend  

Dball

Do I have to use a relay when hooking this fuel pump up or can I just use a fuse say 5 amp or so or does it need a relay 

pfrederi

I have 3 electric pumps now and i didn't use relays... I wire to the ACC terminal.  Pump is a very small draw as opposed to the headlights that are using it.

EDIT:  Looked up my pump it draws less than 2 amps any ignition switch can handle that

pump.JPG

Edited by pfrederi

Kurt-NEPA

Here is the wiring diagram I used on my 520H.

Fuel Pump Diagram.jpg

I recommend a relay, because I don't like pulling too many amps across the ignition switch. I know some others have simply wired the pump to the I or A terminal on the ignition switch and that seem to work for them.  But relays are cheap.  I used the R terminal on the ignition switch so that I didn't put a load on the ignition (I) or light (A) circuit.  That required a new plug for the back of the switch (Wheel Horse Stable has them)

Here is what I used.  Less than $10 on Amazon - just search for relays.  These are the same relay that WH used on the 520H.  There are 3 of them behind the engine.

Don't forget a fuse - 10 Amp is fine.

Relay 2.jpg

Relay 1.jpg