Stigian

A quick Bandsaw project

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stigian I do believe that you would take most anything that is on the cheap or for free. I do the same thing , but I think of it as recycling , my wife says it junk making a mess in our backyard.:ROTF:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Stigian I do believe that you would take most anything that is on the cheap or for free. I do the same thing , but I think of it as recycling , my wife says it junk making a mess in our backyard.:ROTF:

I have a small junk yard forming beside my garage. :)

Red144runner

Is that a wellsaw? I have one, I got it from my high school shop teacher who I've stayed friends with for the past 20 years. The city condemned it for (no joke) a frayed cord. So they made him toss it and replace it with a pos chicom unit. I brought it to our garage at work and we use it frequently. Heavy duty made in USA. What's not to like?

• Like 2

wallfish

Not sure if you have been using one of those all along or not, but if not, you're going to be twice as productive now. Love the horizontal bandsaw because it's accurate and I can do other things while it's cutting.

• Like 1

wrightorchid

You might want to add a pan or something to collect the cuttings, and the fluid you should be using to keep the blade cutting cooler.  The bigger saws have a circulation pump that keeps fluid on the blade when running. (might be overkill if only cutting pipe, and not solid stock)