• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Heavy Duty
      1967 867 wheel horse tractor for sale. I'm willing to seperate attachments but I'd prefer to  sell all as one.

Tractor runs great, no smoke, great compression and transmission shifts like it should. Tractor doesnt need a thing, it's ready to work or add to a collection.

RM-367 mower deck, new shaft bearings, new wh matched belts.
      Short frame snow/dozer blade, great shape, everything works.
      ST- 327 Snow thrower, works great, and in pretty good shape, it was hardly used.

• By Giff Kucsma
      In the process of replacing the spindle bearings on my RM-367 mower deck, I got to thinking about the gears that drive 'em.  As you can see in the image, the teeth are well worn, but only where they mesh with the cross-shafts teeth.

I'm wondering if there's any point in turning the gears over to engage the un-worn teeth.  But the cross-shaft gears have also worn in similar to the teeth on the spindle gears.

I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on the advisability of turning the gears over.

I'm neither a collector nor a restorer, but am the original owner of my 1967 Model 857 tractor.  It just might be the best made piece of equipment that I've ever owned.  Solidly built.  The Kohler engine has been ultra-reliable.  I've never even had the head off it.  Points, plug, carb cleaned, air filter replacement - that's about all I've ever done, yet it starts at one turn of the ignition switch.

In addition to mowing, I've also got a snow blower and mid-mounted grader blade, and a home-made trailer hitch for dragging my wood splitter around.

Thanks all.

(BTW it looks like Toro wants $116/each for these gears.  Not in my budget.)