BOB ELLISON

C105 missing but I found it

BOB ELLISON

Just got a C105 with a k241 10hp and I have been trying to clean it. Changed oil and trans fluids ,new key switch, plug .

Adjusted points and valves .

Checked all wiring and switches .

Charged battery (holds a good charge.)

Fixed a flat tire.

Removed gas tank and carb and removed all the junk in them and changed gas filter.

It didn't run to good when I got it so I went through it to find out why. 

So I tried to start it and it ran worse then when I got it. Started up after a few cranks but it loped and bucked a little and back fired. I could smell gas in the exhaust so I shut it down. My first thought was the carb must be dirty or a fuel jet was pluged. I thought I might as well get a rebuild kit for it.(didn't have to)

I read a post about others changing condenser, coil, and fuel pumps.

So I decided to change condenser, I have a good coil and condenser but when I looked at the coil there it was.

I said to myself how could I have done this .

I HAD THE WIRES TO THE COIL BACKWARDS. 

So I put points and condenser on negative side and the positive to ignition switch and it started up and runs fine now.

I did not know it would even run with wires backwards how can this be ?????

Don't mind the rug on the seat. It needs a new one.

20160922_145251.jpg

• Like 7

T-Mo

Sometimes it's the simplest little things, or things we overlook.  I remember when my Cub Cadet 104 (one of several I had at the time) wouldn't start one day.  This one always started, but this time it didn't.  So I pulled the carb off, cleaned it, put it back on, still no start.  Then I saw why......I forgot to turn the fuel valve back on....:angry-banghead:

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Nice! You ever want to sell it let me know...my 82' C 105 is lonesome...And I'm close by in SE Heaven!

BOB ELLISON
38 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Nice! You ever want to sell it let me know...my 82' C 105 is lonesome...And I'm close by in SE Heaven!

I probably will sale it. This is a good tractor to strip down and repaint.

Not dinged up, metal is in good shape.

Everything is in very good condition. It doesn't have the plastic finder it was replaced by P.O .

• Like 1