ACman

What should I do

ACman

I know you guy's aren't ones to talk me out of buying a :wh:Horse but here's the thing . Last week because I hesitated I missed out on a 520-8 for $750  :angry-banghead:. It was a high hour machine 1800hrs. Rebuilt engine at 1400 , said was a strong reliable machine , rough but all there. Message him earlier in the week but I waited to long here's a pic , maybe someone on here got it .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So know a came across a 520H close by , said runs drives , doesn't smoke, and has strong transmission . Issues are tires , electrical , seat , and dash . He says it's all there, been sitting outside for a year and he doesn't want it to waste away . If it doesn't sell he going to part it out  :no:. Its price is lower than the first one and even less if I don't get the deck (60") . I really want a 520 for use and the big show next year . As some of you know , I can't work on these my self , hence my love for running driving , dirty barn fresh survivors . But for a 520 I would like a nice tractor . I'm thinking all white or just white hood with Terry's patriotic themed graphics to make it my own . I really don't need more projects but the price is hard to beat , and should be under a grand with everything fixed (it's the when and who) looking new . Or should I just put it off and wait for a cleaner tractor that cost a grand or more ? Here's some pics of the 520H , neither one of these tractor owners are members here . Let the backlash begin , :text-feedback:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

Mike'sHorseBarn

If it runs good, cosmetics aren't a huge deal. The 520's are really nice machines so if you are comfortable with the price for the machine you are getting then pull the trigger!

• Like 1

Achto

The metal looks straight, hub caps look good in the pics, if it runs good and is in your price range I would go for it.

• Like 1

Aldon

Depends on how much stress you feel comfortable putting on the resource pool you have available to get that in working order.

Only you know that.

This looks like a very fair deal based on your input.

But....I think 1K in the want adds would eventually get you one in good condition as well. BUT.....it would not be necessarily custom painted and graphics. If this is what you really desire, then this one may be the right one for you.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Go Jeff  :banana-rock:  Go Jeff:banana-dance:

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, ACman said:

just put it off and wait for a cleaner tractor that cost a grand or more

:twocents-02cents:            When the list of obvious shortcomings is that long it probably will have hidden issues too.

mystery_enigma

Don't be asking us so when you pull in the drive, mama runs out, you panic and say "the Redsquare guys made me buy it!". if YOU want it then buy it. Figuring out the + and - will drive you nuts. Nothing quite like the feeling you get when you go back and see someone else loading it up.....:-o:no:

Edited by mystery_enigma
spelling

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I am sorry I sold my 520,,sellers remorse,,.  I swear, when we chatted last week I was waiting to welcome you to the very exclusive 520-8 club. It's so exclusive I just thought it up. Anyway I have been getting those 520 blues. Why of why did I sell, sigh.

Glenn

ACman
1 hour ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I am sorry I sold my 520,,sellers remorse,,.  I swear, when we chatted last week I was waiting to welcome you to the very exclusive 520-8 club. It's so exclusive I just thought it up. Anyway I have been getting those 520 blues. Why oh why did I sell, sigh.

Glenn

Belive me I wanted to be in the 520-8 club , but it sucks not being able to jump in a vehicle and go . Someone in Indiana bought it .If you're a member here congrats , the previous owner didn't have a clue what he had . I do see where @953 nut and @Aldon coming from getting a nicer machine . I'll be the first to admit that we here on this site usually don't discourage buying :wh:Horses . I'm just looking for some constructive criticism . Should I start out with something with good bones and hopefully not be to far off of what the tractor worth when finished . When I get into this tractor and find to many problems , I could always part it out maybe make money . If start off with a nicer tractor and do the hood , graphics ,  there still may be underlying problems. Then I will definitely be over what the tractor worth . Most of my tractors I own I can  get out from underneath them and break even or sell for a little more . Yes this a hobby and I don't plan out coming out rich if I had to sell everything . It's just that if something happened to me and the wife had to sell things off at least she'd stand a chance of not loosing her shirt . 

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@ACman Did you see the classifieds there is a 520 with a lot of stuff with it. Good price. You should check it out.

• Like 1

Jerry77
43 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Did you see the classifieds there is a 520 with a lot of stuff with it. Good price. You should check it out.

I second that...:text-yeahthat:

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:     

ACman

That is nice but I have all that stuff 2004 Kubota BX2230 with FEL , 60" deck ,54" rototiller  , 60 " back blade , DR wood chipper , and three carts . 

Jerry77

Not trying to beat a dead horse ( no pun intended ) ,   but that one looks like it has set out in the weather for a long time... if he didn't take care of that part of owning something, then how would you know if he had taken care of the mechanical things.?  just sayin

• Like 1

ACman

This is what he told me . He bought a zero turn ,now this one sits outside . He hates seeing this one sit outside wasting away , and priced this one cheap reflecting on its condition . He wants it to have a good home . I hate putting a price out there but it's $500 for tractor . 

WNYPCRepair
13 minutes ago, ACman said:

This is what he told me . He bought a zero turn ,now this one sits outside . He hates seeing this one sit outside wasting away , and priced this one cheap reflecting on its condition . He wants it to have a good home . I hate putting a price out there but it's $500 for tractor . 

If the deck goes with it, I don't see how you could go wrong for $500. The deck and hubcaps would probably bring that much

ACman

@WNYPCRepair $700 with deck delivered to my house . I know the deck bring good money and hub caps . I'll gladly trade deck for snowblower at Scott's M&G or couple hours from house .

• Like 1

wedge

$500. is a VERY good price for that tractor !

If I was in MI I would own it NOW ! As stated the parts alone are worth More than that.

Go get it and don't look back. You will thank me later !!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Something I'm trying to convince myself, with limited success, and probably won't get all that much support here either, is that bigger isn't always better.  I know, blasphemy!  But I don't need more than 8 hp to push my 48" blade.  I have a 520LXI and a 522XI.  I don't need a 523XI.  BUT I WANT ONE!  But I don't NEED one.  I have a 416H and a C-160.  I don't need a 520 anything!  But I want ALL of them!  To fine tune and focus a bit, I would like a 520 with a swept axle.  Why?  Because it will take a BIGGER 60" deck!  BUT I don't NEED a 60" deck!  I just bought a rather nice 264H so now I want at least a 269H and why can't I have the biggest?  A 270?  'Cause I don't NEED it.  I know.  Blasphemy.

I'm trying to refocus on features rather than just HP.  Sears and others have been offering 42" lawn tractors with 20 plus HP!  Why?  My 14hp Powerking will cut through most anything!  Crap it's a brush hog!  A friend in the business calls the extra HP sold today in many machines a "feature with no benefit"!  But we and "Tim Taylor" all have to have the biggest!  Because!

Man I would love to have that 520-8!  Just look at it!  Biggest HP ever made in that model!  And the rugged versatile gear box!  Lust! 

• Like 3

ACman

Yes @DennisThornton loosing out on that 520-8 , hurt , like real bad hurt :( ! 

DennisThornton
19 minutes ago, ACman said:

Yes @DennisThornton loosing out on that 520-8 , hurt , like real bad hurt :( ! 

I feel your pain Brother!  I feel your pain!  Time will come though when you will regain at least your composure!  More time and you will forget more and begin the long road to recovery!

We are ALL here for you!

a

(Are you serious?!?  You had a shot at a 520-8 and blew it?)  CRAP!  I've never even seen an offering for one!  Oh!  All that power in just one small machine!  I know.  I read it!  Just a delayed response...  However!  Did you really NEED it?

Edited by DennisThornton

benji756

I don't see where you can go wrong at $500 for it, you could always use it to trade for something else or sell parts from it like the hub caps {hint hint}.

stevebo

focus grasshopper...... I would pass

• Like 1

ACman

@steveboTo late I pulled the trigger and I'm not telling you the price for both :P . Now if he keeps his word , and I think he will . I threw him a bid and he took it . He told me he could appreciate what I'm doing . If it don't work out I shouldn't loose anything .  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

stevebo

Oh boy..... How many is that now?