dirtnap

probably a newb question but...

dirtnap

Is there anywhere on the web where I can find a list of implements that will work with each model/year?

For instance if I'm looking for a bagger let's say.  How do I know which will fit?

Thanks in advance

dirtnap

Thanks for that.  Bummer though.  Got a line on a 79361 snowblower, but chart shows 06-42st04 is the correct one.  Wonder if I can make it fit.  What year did the do away with the Tach-o-matic?

gwest_ca

The 79361 should fit but it is a 2-stage 44" model brought out in 1993-2000. It followed the 06-44SC01 in 1991-1992.

If you go for it look up the parts list before hand so you are familiar with all the parts that go with it.

Garry

• Like 1

Racinbob

:WRS:

If you tell us what model you have and be specific as to what you are trying to do we could be more helpful. From what I'm gathering you are looking for a snowblower. There are a fer exceptions but you can figure attachments from 1973 are interchangeable. The two stage blowers take some ponies though so consider that. The tach-o-matic was never dropped until the model was discontinued after 2007. :)

• Like 1

Walt

I should have elaborated especially since I am currently in process of modifying a snow thrower. I use the list on web site I posted in my first reply then I will got to this site  https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro&lang=us_en . When you put in model # and hit search (on some it will bring up multiple years with serial # ranges for 1s built in given year) it will bring up assembly drawings. This can give you info on how attachments attach or how they or your tractor and attachments are assembled. I have also used the first site to look years before or after for attachment model # then gone to 2nd site to view their assembly drawings. Now this being said our fellow members here many will be able to tell you models that will work with the different tractors from memory.     

Ed Kennell
49 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

:WRS:

If you tell us what model you have and be specific as to what you are trying to do we could be more helpful.

:text-yeahthat:

Racinbob

Those lists are great but can be very misleading. There's a lot of holes. What tractor do you have? You asked about when they dropped the tach-a-matic and that is leading me to believe you have an older tractor. They started the tach-a-matic on some models in 1972 then it was on all models until 2007 when the Wheel Horse line was dropped. If we knew your specific tractor model as well as snow blower we could tell you if it will work or if it could be made to work. :)

dirtnap

Sorry guys, I had updated my profile to reflect which model I have.  It's a 417-8.  So a two stage is fine, matter of fact I wouldn't even consider a single stage for my driveway.  I happen to be looking for a few different implements, snowblower, bagger, tiller.

Thanks for all the help here!

Edited by dirtnap

Racinbob

You're doing fine. I just didn't look at your profile. With your 417 you can figure any attachment for a b-series, c-series, 300,400 & 500 will attach right up (not the 60" deck). Keep in mind that the b-series was changed to a lawn tractor in 1978. An older tiller or blower (prior to 1973) can be made to work with minimal modifications but in your area I don't think you'll have a problem finding newer models. I wouldn't rule out a single stage blower. We lived in the lake effect snow area in Indiana and had about 900' of driveway. It did a great job on my 16 hp. :)