valleyboy

c120hydro

valleyboy

C120 Hyro Hydro is Jerky when changing direction

slammer302

Probably need to adjust the motion control lever linkage.  

daveoman1966

could be a few things... (a) The two ACCELERATION VALVES ...maybe stuck or broken spring. (b) worn out or broken nylon cam plate or (c) possibly broken tab on motion control lever rod on the outside of the hoodstand.

Also likely....bad or wrong drive belt...belt slipping.... pump pulley stripped....CRACKED FRAME WHERE IT BOLTS TO THE TRANS 

90-1136 -13B.jpg

5995 (1).jpg

adj__0003.jpg

MOTION 007A.jpg

16 AUTO x2).JPG

• Like 2

chrisd

Hi all, my 1970 electro 12 is weak in reverse and has a broken lock down tab. Is this likely the cause?

Thanks

daveoman1966

YES, it is.  hat tab holds the shaft in a fixed position and the motion controls turn on that shaft.  If the shaft turns, due to broken tab, the shaft turns WITH the motion contorls and doesn't allow the mechanism full range travel.  You have to fix this.  Take it apart as in my pics, get it welded and reassemble.  When you put this stuff back together, DO NOT lube it in any way....that defeats the friction control concept. 

NOTE...  be careful of the tiny WOODRUFF KEY as shown in this pic.  You have to remove  it BEFORE taking the shaft out of the hoodstand.  

MOTION 001A.jpg

Edited by daveoman1966

chrisd

Thank you for the quick reply and advice ill get to 'er this weekend 

daveoman1966
1 minute ago, chrisd said:

Thank you for the quick reply and advice ill get to 'er this weekend 

Did you read my EDITED post..... go look at it again....

chrisd

I did just now... thank you again for helping people with things like this.

mikeeyre74

resurrecting an old thread here I know, but I'm experiencing this now. Trying to make the friction adjustment and the locknut comes free just fine but the square end adjustment threaded tube thing doesn't turn on the shaft with the tab on the end. Want to take the shaft out, and if I understand correctly the little woodruff key needs to come out first.. so I need to unscrew the spring mechanism off the end first, then take the woodruff out, and THEN the shaft will come out so I can try and work on it to get things freed up, is that correct??