Jerry77

700 switch to 1100

Jerry77

Hey, I need some info...I have a complete eaton 1100 pump/tranny/axles and hubs unit with 600 hours coming from a fellow Red Square member that I am going to put in my 516H...I am pretty sure I can muddle thru it, but had some questions..
Fluid - don't know what was in it, but he said when he drained it it really looked good..should I go with dino 10W30  or the Mobil 1 10W30 that others have said to use?

I am going to have a hose made up to bypass the hydraulic lift hoses at a local shop.
Is the Wix  filter 1410 ok, or should I get the Toro one?  Is 1410 the right number?
I have read about filling it real slow ( holds 5 quarts??)  but how is the best way to work the air out of the system? 
If there are any other tips for me, I would appreciate it...

I intend to take a lot of pix of the switch, but will have to wait for my son to post them for me - I'm not very good with computers.

Thanks for any info you all  can give me.:)

cleat

I have never been able to understand why Wheel Horse put an Eaton 700 in any of the 500 series when they put an 1100 in down to a 300 series.

If I had a 516 or 518 and was installing a 1100, I would also add the hydraulic lift from a 520 if at all possible.

• Like 2

bmsgaffer
7 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

Hey, I need some info...I have a complete eaton 1100 pump/tranny/axles and hubs unit with 600 hours coming from a fellow Red Square member that I am going to put in my 516H...I am pretty sure I can muddle thru it, but had some questions..

Fluid - don't know what was in it, but he said when he drained it it really looked good..should I go with dino 10W30  or the Mobil 1 10W30 that others have said to use?Mobile 1 is preferred by many as it seems to make it run smoother and respond quicker in cold weather. Either will work just fine, I run mobile1.

I am going to have a hose made up to bypass the hydraulic lift hoses at a local shop.

you can also contact @wheelhorseman1000 as he has the correct fittings to crimp on that some shops don't have.

Is the Wix  filter 1410 ok, or should I get the Toro one?  Is 1410 the right number?

The 1410 is correct i believe and it is pretty much equivalent. Either will be OK. 

I have read about filling it real slow ( holds 5 quarts??)  but how is the best way to work the air out of the system? 

I have had incredibly good luck with leaving the filter off and putting a drip pan under it and I cut a hole in an old oil container to put over the filter inlet as a shield. It will burp and spurt some oil when you do this but there is NO issues with slow filling this way. Some run a hose down the tube with the funnel to allow air out and some remove a top bolt, but mine I was always worried about letting dirt get in. Clean EVERYTHING off when you are working with this stuff because dirt is the enemy of hydro systems. 

If there are any other tips for me, I would appreciate it...

I intend to take a lot of pix of the switch, but will have to wait for my son to post them for me - I'm not very good with computers.

Thanks for any info you all  can give me.:)

I made some notes above in red. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 3

Jerry77

Thanks for the info guys -I appreciate it....:)

Jerry77

I sent a message instead of posting this...my bad...will post his response..

Ok...l got the 1100 complete transaxle today - I am not going to use the hyro lift but the hoses for the lift valve came with it.   I need to bypass the lift valve - why not use one of the hoses ( has the right fittings ) to bypass?? 

One end of the hose is on the filter base - am I right in assuming that this is a low pressure hose since it is going into the filter can??

I will take pix when I start the switch..

thanks,,

2 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

You should keep your thread updated with your questions in case I dont get back here in a reasonable time, i have a crazy schedule!

Yes, you may be able to use one of the existing hoses assuming it is the right length. The in and out of the filter are reasonably low pressure but I believe they can still approach 40+psi as it is charging the input of the hydrostatic drive system. The charge pump is capable of up to 800 ish psi so be sure to keep your filter clean

• Like 1