raider9

Help! Need a part.....

raider9

I stayed up late last night to finish up on my mower deck. I had predicted Wednesday for the trial run but I just

Couldn't wait. Anyway, The deck was working great until my pivot arm broke in half. It looks like someone before

me welded it once already. Some dummy (ME!!!) didn't realize you need a pin to lock the deck in the front bracket

and I hit a bump that jarred it loose. Needless to say I ended up with a broken pivot arm and a hard lesson

learned. I looked a little on ebay but haven't had much success. The deck is a 1967 RL-426. I've attached some

pictures. It's item 70 in the the drawing which is part # 6725. Let me know if anyone can help me out. Thanks!

20160920_213116.jpg

20160920_213030.jpg

20160920_213200.jpg

20160920_213302.jpg

raider9

I found it on partstree.com for $100 plus shipping. Let me know if anyone has one for cheaper please. Thanks again!

tunahead72

I found a Toro pivot arm part no. 6725-01 (same part?) from RCPW and RepairClinic for $85-$90 plus shipping.  But RepairClinic says it's not in stock, which could mean it's no longer available.

I would put a wanted ad in our classifieds here, or try contacting one of the vendors, you might be able to find a used one for much less money.

Stike

Find a local welding shop they should fix it for under $20.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

That is a common broken part on those decks... seen a lot of them brazed back together. It is cast, so beware a welding shop might just tell you no. Place a classified/wanted ad for it... there are used parts vendors that watch those instead of out here in the forum. 

raider9

We have cast iron rod for our stick welder at work. I'm going to have one of my guys try to fix it. Worst case I'll end up buying one from a vendor here, or for $100 at partstree.com. Thanks for the help!

moe1965

I had the same issue.  Had a friend make one out of steel.  It should never break again.  He can make you one for 120.00.  That would include the shipping 

20160922_175848.jpg

20160922_175838.jpg

• Like 1

raider9
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, moe1965 said:

I had the same issue.  Had a friend make one out of steel.  It should never break again.  He can make you one for 120.00.  That would include the shipping 

20160922_175848.jpg

20160922_175838.jpg

I appreciate the offer. I got mine fixed for now. That cast rod is pretty nice stuff. If it breaks again I'll just make one at work myself.

20160923_190422.jpg

• Like 1