BOB ELLISON

MY FIRST LAWN RANGER (it like a toy for a big boy)

BOB ELLISON

Well i picked up my first 1967 L-157 lawn ranger. it's in very good shape best of all
it's all original all the way down to the little h60 Tecumseh engine that starts
right up at the click of the key or pull of the rope. I love riding on this tractor it's
fun to drive and my grandson can't wait for the lift lever to be put on it.the only
thing is his legs are not long enought so i will put wood blocks on the peddles
to help him reach the clutch and brake.
I already changed the oil and plan to change the trans fluid one day this week.
I always change fluids on all the horses i buy. It came with a nice not rusty deck but

I haven't cleaned the deck yet most of what you see on it is grease and oil.
BUT in all the excitement at the action i didn't see that it had no lift lever.
So now i need to find a lift lever for it. I will go to want ads and post there for one .
Does anyone know which lift levers will work other then the 1966.1967 lawn ranger?
I also have a L-156 but wouldn't you know it
has no lift lever either. I know there a pain trying to get on and moving them but
really ... Anyways i also got a 1982 c105 the black hood a couple weeks ago.
had to replace the key switch and i think it has to have a carb rebuild or replacement.
it will start but it is burning rich .I can smell gas from the exhaust and i tryed to adjust
but it won't help . 

20160920_135948.jpg

20160920_141438.jpg

20160920_141528.jpg

C105.jpg

• Like 6

maxiblue

nice machines lucky you. You know what they say " The one with the most toys win"

BOB ELLISON
50 minutes ago, maxiblue said:

nice machines lucky you. You know what they say " The one with the most toys win"

That's what they say, but my wife calls it something different . She says enough is enough already. My goodness I have 7 now.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

So that's where the C 105 went... I was eyeing that on CL...Looking for a twin for my 82' C 105. Nice machine - you will love it!

:ph34r:

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
32 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

So that's where the C 105 went... I was eyeing that on CL...Looking for a twin for my 82' C 105. Nice machine - you will love it!

:ph34r:

I couldn't pass it up for a c note. It needs work but after I fix carb it will get a plow on it and  my neighbor wants it for plowing snow. Easy money but I don't like the shaker engine. It's to hard to get tins off,and I had to fix the mounts. I bought some 3m window weld and fixed isolators mounts .it works good.

• Like 1

TIGman

Nice Lawn Ranger you have there!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

And I can tell you that they do a pretty nice job on the lawn too. ;)

IMG_20160918_180530990.jpg

• Like 1

857 horse

i had them all lined up....all 5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my wife walks by and says,,,,you have 5 of the same tractor???     LOOL

believe it.......5 857's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,She cant believe it..!!!!    and a 867 coming very soon....Yippi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
36 minutes ago, TIGman said:

Nice Lawn Ranger you have there!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

And I can tell you that they do a pretty nice job on the lawn too. ;)

IMG_20160918_180530990.jpg

I really have 2 lawn Rangers Tigman this one I got that runs is fun to drive. The other one will probably never run again It's a pile of rusty metal. My son wants to make it a racer.we'll see !!

• Like 1

pfrederi

My L107 has been working for me and my father for 49 years now.  She is my favorite tractor.  She pulls a trailer and works all year round.  Best thing is it is easier to get on and off than the big horses...more important as I get older.

Wishin4a416

That is in nice shape!!

jdleach

Nice little Ranger.

The black hood though, is the tractor I like. For some reason, I have grown pretty fond of them.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@857 horse When she looked at the 5 horses did you get "the Stare " ?

SylvanLakeWH
14 minutes ago, jdleach said:

The black hood though, is the tractor I like. For some reason, I have grown pretty fond of them.

:ph34r:  :wh: !!!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

BOB ELLISON
26 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

My L107 has been working for me and my father for 49 years now.  She is my favorite tractor.  She pulls a trailer and works all year round.  Best thing is it is easier to get on and off than the big horses...more important as I get older.

Boy you got that right. I'm short and I can get on and off this little tractor easy. I have been driving it in the yard and it like a little toy. I have to tell myself it's a beast ,it's a beast and then I have to laugh. 

29 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

7 horse's and she looks at me then her head looks down at the ground. that's a I'm mad thing .I say at least I have a hobby at almost 68 years old l need something to occupy my time left. 

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
43 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:ph34r:  :wh: !!!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

I like it just as well as my C and B tractor. But I don't like the shaker mounts. Mine were but and broke so I read about others using 3m window weld so I removed the isolators mounts and cut out all I could and filled it with 3m. It gets hard as the rubber in the mount. Works great. Hard to get tins off also with mounts in the way.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Edited by BOB ELLISON
double post

857 horse
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Jim.....it wasnt rocket science,,,to see i had the same thing    5 times.!!!!    and YES !!!!     she did..lolool

Guys,,,your not gonna believe this,,,,,,,but...i was giving away a REO SNO BLOWER in our want ad section (( THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE Road Apples))

and who got it !! ?????   Good Ole Paul ( OLDRedRider) from right here in VA............I will spend allllll day Saturday with Road Apples (JAY),,,,,we will cuttting bobbed wire and disarming boobie traps in NY,,,,,,,and Sunday Paul will make a closer trip...He was at the BIG SHOW this summer....And he did not mention ONCE all the crazys around the MASH POLE,,,lolllo         Crazys????    Huh???

BOB ELLISON
4 hours ago, maxiblue said:

Yes maxiblue but I find the harder i work the luckier I get.

I waited for 6 hours in the rain at the action for this little tractor to come up. I did pay more for it then I wanted the other guy wanted it to. I got soaked waiting but it was worth it.