Old Screw

How about the brake on the 312?

Old Screw

After removing about 24 years worth of mud and grease off of the gearbox I notice the brake pad is near gone.

The strap and brake are about $75 but I see you can just buy the shoe for about $20.  My strap was preserved by grease so what holds that shoe on?

stevasaurus

If you buy one from @rmaynard, he sends out instructions.  Actually, you can use a few dabs of silicone caulk, lightly clamp it in a couple places and let it cure.  The nice thing is you can do it again in 40 years.  :)

• Like 4

Texas Todd

Had the same question a while back myself. Did a search for brake pad and learned volumes. Arrived at the same as above :text-yeahthat:

stevasaurus

Here ya go...click on the link.  :)

• Like 2

Old Screw

You guys are on the ball today!!  Thanks again!  Who would have thought silicone? :wacko:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

If you buy one from @rmaynard, he sends out instructions.  Actually, you can use a few dabs of silicone caulk, lightly clamp it in a couple places and let it cure.  The nice thing is you can do it again in 40 years.  :)

Yep, Steve is right. Its a quality product. I bought one from Bob a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

rmaynard

They are even better now. The friction material is slightly curled and more flexible allowing it to conforms to the shape of the brake band easier.

• Like 3