T-Mo

Tip: Stud Adapters For Changing Tires

wedge

I MAKE THOSE ALL THE TIME FOR PUTTING TRANNYS IN.

ONE OTHER THING TO HELP YOU IS TAKE A HAK/SAW AND PUT A SLOT IN THE END SO YOU CAN USE A SCREW DRIVER TO PULL THEM OUT IF THY STICK .

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

Also there's these for those that are interested. I love them, they are SO handy!

@rmaynard

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 4

WHX??

:text-yeahthat: If B-100 ever gets them in stock again:ychain:...never mind I see he has now...my bad Bob ... off to order a set!  

Jerry77
On 9/20/2016 at 7:53 AM, T-Mo said:

I made these stud adapters to make changing rear tires on my garden tractors a bit easier.  Just take a couple of fine thread 7/16 bolts (7/16-28 UNF, I believe) and cut off the heads.  Screw them into the hubs finger tight until they're snug and it makes aligning and mounting rear tires a lot easier.

DSCN0048.JPG

Just now, Jerry77 said:

I made these stud adapters to make changing rear tires on my garden tractors a bit easier.  Just take a couple of fine thread 7/16 bolts (7/16-28 UNF, I believe) and cut off the heads.  Screw them into the hubs finger tight until they're snug and it makes aligning and mounting rear tires a lot easier.

Can't believe I have been struggling with these rear tires on mine  ---my poor old brain couldn't see the woods for the trees...thanks much for the tip--best one I have had for awhile.:)

• Like 1

Lee1977
On 9/20/2016 at 7:53 AM, T-Mo said:

DSCN0048.JPG

You only need one, then turn it to the top and the others line up.

• Like 3

bc.gold
On 9/20/2016 at 6:53 AM, T-Mo said:

DSCN0048.JPG

I taper the head then cut a slot for a screw driver, makes removing the stud much easier. I posted this tip a couple of years ago.

Used one stud positioned at 12 o'clock.

Curmudgeon

I went one step farther.   Screwed Grade 8 bolts through from the back, fully converting them from bolts to studs and nuts.   MUCH easier.   Also gave me a nice option of fancy lug nuts to dress things up a bit.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I went one step farther.   Screwed Grade 8 bolts through from the back, fully converting them from bolts to studs and nuts.   MUCH easier.   Also gave me a nice option of fancy lug nuts to dress things up a bit.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:34 AM, bmsgaffer said:

Also there's these for those that are interested. I love them, they are SO handy!

@rmaynard

• Like 3