Lane Huls

Not a fan of what's it worth but..

Lane Huls

I've been looking for a 1045 for a long time. I've finally found someone that is both willing to sell and not across the map. My experience with the 1045 is very limited since I can't find them for sale or see many. I have no idea what they are selling for. The one I have found is a restored tractor is overall good condition. Soon as I get a picture I'll share it. I'm in East central illinois, and I'd really appreciate your help 

• Like 1

WheelHorse79

I had a 1045 I bought 3 years ago that was restored but needed freshening up.  I fixed some wiring issues and repainted a few parts, and then restored an RM425 deck and put on the tractor.  I sold the tractor a year ago for $900, and probably had about $1400 into it.  I passed it onto another collector because I had run out of space.  Owning a 1045 is a lot like owning an 854, but with 2 more HP and a larger stance because of the bigger tires.  Also, because the fuel tank is separate from the tank stand (unlike the 854), there isn't the fuel leaking issues that the 2-piece fuel tanks have on the round hood.  If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

AMC RULES

What level is the restoration?  :scratchead:

:roll: Means different things...to different people. 

WheelHorse79

My 1045 was the September 2015 tractor on the Wheel Horse calendar for reference.

Lane Huls

It's from what was explained to me a 7.5 out of 10. It was taken down pretty much all the way blasted and painted with hvlp gun. Anything that needed done was, but it still has old tires with weather cracking, old wiring, and no seals or bearings that weren't already bad replaced. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      My show tractors for October Festivals.
      RJ59, 1045, 657 w/sickle bar, 10HP and D200. Just love the attention and hearing the stories of grandpa or growing up had one. Always can see the joy these Horses bring to the spectators. Than telling them the WH history story along with Speedex story always intrigues them.
      Than of course there is always someone that needs to get one out of the way.
      Last year it was the 1045 and the PO was so excited to learn I got her running and been mowing my grass all summer. Of course I had to let him drive her around.
      This year it’s a 702 I think I getting this week. 
      So many were engrossed by the Sickle Bar never knowing such was available on garden tractors.

• kthack657
      By kthack657
      While on Facebook yesterday a fellow redsquare member put out a wheelhorse that was on the market place.  I pretty much ignored it because Jim was not home and I didnt know what time he was getting home and he has the truck.  When he got home, I mentioned it but he did not seem to be interested so I left it there.  Sooo...yesterday after driving 600 miles home from a car show in MI, Jim sees the same post on Facebook and was like "why didn't you tell me about this?" I was like "I did and you didn't seem interested" long story short he thought I said 1054, not 1045 and so he messaged the guy and the guy said if you have cash and can get here tonight, it is yours...bring help because it is heavy.  So we put our little trailer on the truck and headed out.  The trans is not locked up and the engine turns over, Jim believes that it would have started if the points are cleaned...not bad for a piece of "lawn art" that hasn't been run in 10+ years. It sat on a raised concrete slab, and it was rougher than the pictures showed.  The guy said he originally picked it up in his minivan...that takes balls!!.  The front and rear tires are SHOT and are not salvageable there are rust holes in the deck and the lights thatvare on the front are mismatched but it is all there and that is all that really matters...this one is getting restored!!

• Mike'sHorseBarn
      By Mike'sHorseBarn
      Well look what hopped on my trailer yesterday! I went to an estate sale of a gentleman who recently passed away and I knew he collected old garden tractors. His son in law texted me some pictures of what was there and I picked this out right away so I went to the sale and got a great deal on it! It is a bit of a project, the carb, fuel pump, and coil are all missing, but the engine is free so it will run. It's hard to kill a kohler! Probably gonna take the snow blower off and sell it since I don't really need it. I am really excited to add a 1045 to the collection!

• whfan74
      By whfan74
      Made my rounds yesterday spraying the yards of family members.  It is always enjoyable getting a thumbs up or a wave and a smile by those passing by.  Jobs are always more fun on some of the old faithful machines!

• buckrancher
      By buckrancher
      going on a road trip to pick up a wheel horse on saturday

Brian