Sign in to follow this  
bell

MM grader blade question...

bell

After seeing Nick's build, I think this may be my next attachment. I have a Cub Cadet blade that has been rigged (welded on) over the years and I think it would be the pefrect candidate.

I was wondering, how is the MM grader blade at plowing snow? (keep in mind that, where I live, we RARELY ever get more than 6" of snow)

It seems that it would be pretty good, being that you would not have the negative effects of the weight of the dozer blade out front.

Just wondering and thanks for any input, Jon

Nick

The grader blade does ok if the snow/ice isnt to deep. But the snow does tend to build up under the tractor.

Of course I tried it out on some snow and ice last year and posted a video. :hide:

Grader snow testing video

ronscat

Nick,

Man it looks like your Wheelhorse will run 20 mph :hide: . I believe it is an auto too. I have never owned an auto any brand tractor. Is there a way to speed them up also - like putting a larger pulley on the motor? Thanks for any info.

Ron

glenn27

Bell--I have never used it for snow--just some stone and a lot of wet dirt.....I do know in hard/compacted dirt--it wanted to ride up (had the manual lift link in place)--so I just held the handle down and stood on the end of the blade that I wanted to do the cutting....you just lean to take small 'bites'

Honestly--don't know how it handles snow--but you have to realize--it's not very tall..

TT

I use my "TT-built" grader blade for the final clean up and scraping off the hard-pack after I'm done with the dozer blade or snowthrower.

3108060.jpg

The nice thing about them is that you can stand up on the ends (but you're not supposed to :D ) and really do some cutting! :hide:

bell

Nick, thanks for the video! That looks like it would work pretty good/ fast on light snow or ice...

That's a good idea Terry! Just use it for final cleanup...

I'll be putting it on a C-125 with hydraulic lift... so, it should work out pretty good!

I'll just use the 753 or the 833 to clear the snow and then use the C-125 to really scrape it down.

My dad owns a restaraunt (BBQ) with a LARGE parking lot and I'll be keeping the snow off of it... :banana:

Just waiting for the snow. :hide:

Nick

Ron, That was some of fast motion video editing on the 857, Id say it only runs around 5mph or so. The 520-HC was rated a bit faster than other eaton tractors but Ive never heard where the speed difference came from. :hide: