Dan693

2 Wheeled Tractor Identification

Dan693

Inherited this old 2 wheeled tractor.....any help with the manufacturer, year, etc. would be appreciated.

There are no markings on the frame but the engine is a B&S.

Pics are fine on my end.....looks like the are upside down and sideways on RS?.....sorry.

Engine plate.....

Model   6R6

Type    105838

S/N      409307 

Tractor2.jpg

20160910_101211.jpg

Edited by Dan693
Add pics
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

The expert on two wheelers should be here soon to ID it for you.        Calling the.... Shallow Water Sailor....come on.

953 nut

Looks a lot like this Simplicity.  :text-coolphotos:

Image result for antique simplicity two wheel tractor images

Aldon

The green makes me think Bolens

Engine is Briggs and Stratton 6r6.

Edited by Aldon

maxiblue

interesting I had one kind like that went I was a kid, never knew who make it had a sickle bar on the front.  you have a nice machine.

Aldon

The squared or box styled steel front looks like "Great Lakes Tractor" pics on web.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rollerman
      By Rollerman
      I bagged another Briggs powered off brand for my eclectic collection.
      The seller listed it as a 66 Speedex S-14, but I am thinking the S-14 just had a fwd/reverse gear box & this has a 4 speed Peerless?
      Still has the funky belt tensioner that moves the whole engine forward to put tension on the drive belt.
      Even has a counter fit off brand slot hitch in back.

• Team70R
      By Team70R
      Well I scored a gently used Briggs 900 series to repower my new 606! Doesn't have an air cleaner cover for it so I zip tied the filter on after I cleaned all the junk out of the carb and it ran good. Now it will rev slow and die after it idles a second. I'm guessing there's some more gunk in the carb that I either missed or broke free?? 

• aHorseofCourse
      By aHorseofCourse
      So I decided to upgrade my 308-8 and do an engine swap.  Main reason being the 8 horse Kohler struggles with the snowblower.  It's a great engine, just not quite enough hp.  Just about every machine I have has a Briggs in it and I've never had a problem with any of them.  So I thought why not drop an opposed twin in the big horse.  After searching for awhile, I found an 18 horse out of a workhorse on eBay.  Had the pto and engine mount I needed on it.  Turned out to be too far gone to rebuild, just flat wore out.  A few months later I got a nearly identical engine off a buddy for free, he was going to scrap it.  Long story short (too late!) I am making one engine out of 2.  The carb, tins, oil pan, and air cleaner housing are off the junk engine. The junk engine was a 1983, the rebuilt one is a 1984.  Parts are very hard to find for this engine anymore, lots of late nights searching eBay.  Model is 422437, splash lube ball bearing 12v electric start horizontal shaft.

The free engine I started with.  It sat outside for a few years.  After some tinkering and the carb and oil pan off the other engine, she fired right up!

Disassembly

The timing pin on both engines was worn, almost sheared off on the junk one.  Briggs only used this for a few years before going to an 1/8inch woodruff key after.  It is very apparent it was a weak point.  Had to drill out the old one.