LaurenJo

Piece build a horse (continued from the electric forum)

LaurenJo

Hi all. I'm new to the site I just discovered it. Quick history my dad and I wanted a horse for a long time. And about 8 years ago I found one and we bought it. Sadly he passed shortly after. In the process I had to sell the tractor because I had no way to get it to Texas. Well I am finding them impossible to find so I am wanting to "piece build" one and use my dads old Wisconsin as a power plant. (Only seems fitting). Any ideas on how and where to find the parts with shipping would be helpful. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Keep an eye on your local Craigs list. 

:WRS:

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Check out the Classifieds here on Red Square and I bet you will find something suitable from members who are willing to ship / meet you etc. There are a couple of "rollers" (no engine) out there as well as major parts etc. You can also place a note in "wanted" section of the classifieds and I bet you will get some responses...

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:     We have a few members in Texas  who may be able to help you out. :twocents-02cents: Do another "Introduction post" including the word Texas and they may begin a dialog with you. If you haven't found one prior to June you could bring an empty truck to the Wheel Horse Collector's Club show in PA and fill it up.  :ychain:

• Like 3

Racinbob

:WRS:

Because of parts interchangeability over the years your project is very doable and great fun. Follow the advice already offered and soon you'll be on your way. The mods may want to move this thread to the correct section as this one if for the electric tractors. No harm done WarrenJ. Easy mistake to make. Enjoy your project. :)

• Like 1

Abe01

:WRS: Warren.

I'm from texas, right ouside of Fort hood. Craigslist isn't really going to help much when I checked last night, there were three in all of texas. That includes  the ad with wheelhorse and that guy hasn't responded to ANY of my attempts to contact him. I have considered building a John cash tractor but really feel like shipping would get expensive pretty quick. Since your up in Weatherford check the Oklahoma craigslists there are a few up there the problem is we only had 2 dealerships in Texas and one was a Lowes so that means that one never sold the older wheel horses.....but here have you seen this ad?  http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/grd/5768686154.html that one's to new for me....or this one http://austin.craigslist.org it was to much for me......don't worry I'm a horseless :flags-texas: but it's goin b to work out eventually!

wrightorchid

This should be moved out of the ELECTRIC horses section, for best visibility.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
10 hours ago, wrightorchid said:

:text-yeahthat:

oliver2-44

I think he means " Wisconsin Engine" as the motor (power plant) 

• Like 1

LaurenJo
1 hour ago, oliver2-44 said:

I think he means " Wisconsin Engine" as the motor (power plant) 

Exactly. It's an old '53 Wisconsin (not Wisconsin Robin) it's the "real deal" complete with hot hot hot Fairbanks magneto ignition. Trust me it's still hot. Anyway I'm wanting to use the motor partially in homage to my dad and also because I know it produces a ton of grunt. Always been a really good running motor. And sorry I posted in the wrong spot. I had to look at the pic somehow I thought it was the "electric" model. What it was is the charger 12.  Anyway I'm excited. 

LaurenJo

I just uploaded a few pics to the album section they are of the old Horse I used to have and a home built tractor my dad and I built (just for viewing pleasure)

032.JPG

• Like 4

TDF5G
On 9/8/2016 at 10:21 AM, wrightorchid said:

:text-yeahthat:

953 nut

Love the tractor your Dad built! :text-coolphotos:  OSHA and I may have a difference of opinion though!   :ychain:  Not too sure that Wisconsin will fit under your hood though.

hmtrac3.JPG

like the old saw mill too.

• Like 4

WHX??
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:48 AM, WarrenJ said:

Hi all. I'm new to the site

Hello Warren and :WRS: I see the other good fellas already gave you some good advice, stick around and you will get lots more! Sounds like you have a nice project planned and hopefully your boy can help you out!

Yes @CasualObservercould you please move this thread to the right spot  so more will see it and welcome him?

LaurenJo
11 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Love the tractor your Dad built! :text-coolphotos:  OSHA and I may have a difference of opinion though!   :ychain:  Not too sure that Wisconsin will fit under your hood though.

hmtrac3.JPG

like the old saw mill too.

Yeah I'm sure OSHA would have a field day with it.  Hahahaha.  But. . . There were no injuries sustained or reported in well over 15 years of cutting wood. You cut to length on one end and haul the wood wagon from the other. It worked great for years. I plan that I will most likely have to remove the fuel tank in order for it to fit. A ford rear axle jeep transmission and old worm gear speed reducer and you have a tractor that work great for years. 

I wish I knew how to move this out of the electric. Sorry guys. Rookie mistake. 

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I am in Penna....near Lake Erie and I have a 1973 Wheelhorse 12hp Auto, less engine and wiring.  It can be shipped to TX via Fastenal which is much cheaper than by commercial freight carriers.  These pics are only the 'carcass' and I have all the sheet metal for it....just not in pics.  You can have this tractor for $150 + whatever Fastenal would charge to ship it on a pallet.  Of course, the missing sheet metal...fender pan, foot rails, etc will be included.

My direct email is:

daveoman@windstream.net

I don't always watch this forum so it may be better to contact my email address above...in regular emails outside of this forum.

ORPHAN 12 (1).JPG

ORPHAN 12 (2).JPG

ORPHAN 12 (3).JPG

ORPHAN 12 (4).JPG

• Like 1