Wheel-N-It

Is This The Correct Pulley

Wheel-N-It

Kind of a strange cut in the back side but here it is. What do you think Steve?

IMG_20160919_223851421.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WOW...so that is what you are talking about in the PM??  1st off, it looks like a reject that got out of the scrape pile.  Is the hole in the center?  Maybe we need to confront this guy and find out where he got all of these pulleys.  Van...it is hard to tell from a picture...what do you think??  I have pointed some guys in this guys direction, and I have not had any feedback (good or bad).  I'd like to take a closer look at this pulley, or have you take a closer look at it Van.  Did you talk to this guy at all??   Let me know.  :think:

Wheel-N-It

Well tonight I got the pulley installed after much sanding and polishing of the transmission shaft, and grinding and polishing of the keyway. Tomorrow I need to stop by the auto parts store and purchase some blue Loctite for the Allen head set screw. 

Also reinstalled the tensioner pulley after letting it set in some LE oil for about a week. The bearing in it is nice and smooth now, a big difference from when I removed it.

I'm looking forward to a test-drive.

Also want to say Thank You to Steveasaurus for several nights of phone time and much needed good advice.

IMG_20160921_211028366.jpg

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Van, that wheel looks great in that shot.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Ok it's all back together now but guess what? The d@^^π stupid glass fuel valve under the gas tank quit flowing gasoline! No big deal really but it is original to the tractor and I wanted to keep it on there. Are there any new ones like that available, or should I just get a basic old fuel valve and call it good?

TDF5G
On 9/19/2016 at 7:31 PM, Wheel-N-It said:

You guys really are pretty amazing !

Not only did you correctly confirm to me that indeed the transmission pulley on my little 701was not original, you posted a pic of what it should look like, and gave me the part number, and found someone who had a NOS one for sale, and gave me that person's contact information. How blessed I am to have crossed paths with you !!! :bow-blue:

When I got home from work today there was a package in the mailbox. Guess what was inside ?:greetings-clappingyellow: :banana-dance::woohoo:

I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you! It would have taken me ten years to have found this on my own ! You guys got one in my hand in ten days !

That is great!  What a great forum with a great bunch of helpful folks!

:text-bravo:

The Red Square is just awesome!

• Like 1

WHX??

I dunno 'fish I just bought one off fleabay and of course it leaked. I think it came from that outfit. Defect in the glass.  I should have :bitch:ed and sent it back but I was too frenzied to hear it running so I just grabbed one out of the junk drawer and fired her up. Be my luck tho I get a junk one and Van gets a good one!

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, Wheel-N-It said:

You guys really are pretty amazing

Dunno about that either Van ..I got this bike for sale for ya...only been ridden by a little old lady on Sundays and never been in an accident ...give ya a real good deal on it ...

120524-tsunami-bike-345p_660;660;7;70;0.jpg